What's new

New Thorpe Park MTDP

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Well this certainly does look very promising, 3 new coaster spaces, the new hotel (with boat access :D ) and nine flat ride spaces. Although two of the coasters seem to have the same layout..

From the looks of it, they want to put some sort of open air stage underneath Stealths top hat? Am I reading that correctly?

It also looks like they want to expand alot of their current restaurants/ gift shops. The dome is also circled in red? Something happening to it? The newer entrance appears to look alot nicer too.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
45m coaster 1 looks interesting, what's that? 150ft? With inversions. That looks like the next biggy.

Ollie

CF Legend
Why would they need to plan this far in advanced. Just seem to be plonked in any old space. Also the flat rides are just randomly dotted around the park.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
9 new flats? One being directly in front of NWO?

And oh look, the bridge will be widened... :roll:

As always, let's not take this a proof of pudding... Let's add some salt to the mix...

What did make me laugh is the boat transport for hotel guests... Seriously? Because the distance is soooooooooooo long... :lol:

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
As always, let's not take this a proof of pudding... Let's add some salt to the mix...

Very true.

"Large pinch of salt with that sir?" :lol:

Be bloody fantastic if it's true though.

SAW_gameover

Mega Poster
Inverse said:
Note that X:\NWO is still there...

Doesn't mean the same coaster is there though. Does it? Would they still need planning permission to build a new one in the same building?

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
I assume when they put the flat ride locations down on this, they are just potential sites that may or may not be used. I think the coaster layouts are in really clever locations. I think the one near the entrance could look amazing.

Not sure exactly whats going on with the layout of Coaster 1 is doing though, it appears to go into a V near the flying fish. Possibly launch into an Immelman?? It looks like this one is much further along in development to the other two, it seems to have a less random layout compared. Could this be the new B&M rumored to be in development?

Mark

Strata Poster
Would they really refer to the toilets as Loos on an official piece of work like this?

Mark

Strata Poster
Hmmm, just seemed a little odd.

Something about the whole thing just doesn't seem right if you get me...

Ollie

CF Legend
Yeah something about this doesn't seem right. Maybe it's jut the way three coasters are plonked in a moreorless straight line on islands going right out. Plus the random flats seemingly dropped anywhere.

Would a park even plan like this this far in advance? The park have said nothing and it's just a link that someone has posted on a Thorpe fan site.
Also am I the only one seeing something on page 3 of the document? The other pages just seem to be blank

marc

CF Legend
Well I recon 45 is a flyer, they look like pretzels to me the same way they were drawn on the plans for Sea World.

The plans just do not seem right to me though, dunno.

They could draw the same coaster twice though and say it could go here or here.

nealbie

CF Legend
Crazycoaster said:
Possibly to make it fit in the little box?

I'd go with "WC" as well - I'm more than skeptical :p

Especially with the layout of 2 of the coasters being almost identical ;)

marc

CF Legend
Yes which is why I think its real now.

By submitting plans for 3 or 4 rides they might get 1 or 2 through.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
^I think thats what the whole point of these MTDPs are. Sort of a 'testing the water'. It shows enough detail to show what the park wants, but not enough to show any sort of finalised plans.