What's new

New record breaker for King's Dominion 2013?

VascoXTRC

Roller Poster
I don't know. I really have no idea, but I am think maybe an addition to the waterpark? Maybe the world largest water coaster? or heck maybe a launch coaster that will top Kingda Ka? Did anyone see the picture of the space shuttle. Maybe it is a coaster like TTD or KK? I am clueless....

TrevorBondi305

Mega Poster
VascoXTRC said:
I don't know. I really have no idea, but I am think maybe an addition to the waterpark? Maybe the world largest water coaster? or heck maybe a launch coaster that will top Kingda Ka? Did anyone see the picture of the space shuttle. Maybe it is a coaster like TTD or KK? I am clueless....
If it were a large scale coaster, construction would've started already.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
^ then it would have to be over 300 feet, because they already have 4 of those. Did they know that SFNE is breaking a world record when they announced they are also breaking a world record? It would be hilarious if they put in a 350 ft star flyer and come to find out that SFNE is one-upping them.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Going by the picture now, and with some random guessing, something involving S&S for a flat ride (tallest launch tower?)

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
^ they already have a drop tower, so it would be weird to have a launch tower made by a different company as its own ride (not next to the drop tower)

madhjsp

Giga Poster
bizarrofan10 said:
^ they already have a drop tower, so it would be weird to have a launch tower made by a different company as its own ride (not next to the drop tower)

I don't think that'd be weird at all. The ride experiences are totally different. That's like saying they shouldn't have built Drop Zone because they already had the Eiffel tower replica.

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
bizarrofan10 said:
Let me introduce you to Liseberg, where they have an Intamin gyro-drop, an S & S shot tower and also an S & S turbo drop so some one should probably call the redundancy police on them.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
The official site now has a countdown timer for the new record breaker.

It is approximately 5 days, 18 hours, and 45 minutes from the time of this post

bmac

Giga Poster
48 hours until the countdown begins again! Kings Dominion really likes to make people play the waiting game.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Using the USPTO, the last trademark done by Cedar Fair is Road Trip.

So based off the name and local competition, I think we could be seeing a 3rd Zierer Drop Coaster (is this what they are called) that will either feature two of those segments, or a taller of those segments (20-30ft drop zone?).

tomahawk

Strata Poster
^Who knows, they may use it in Planet Snoopy, or it could be for a new eatery that features food from different places. Can't imagine a coaster being named Road Trip.

bmac

Giga Poster
You're talking about a park that has a race track themed ride placed next to the congo...

Anything can happen. Now I wonder when Shockwave and Anaconda are getting axed...