What's new

New record breaker for King's Dominion 2013?

Intricks

Strata Poster
Road Trip can be used within the entirity of Cedar Fair, not just KD.

I had checked the USPTO and that was there. I dont know of any other Cedar Fair parks readily announcong something, so I guessed it might be for this.

TrevorBondi305

Mega Poster
Planet Snoopy Expansion, what the HECK Kings Dominion, not even a flat. Breaking records in 2013 for World's Crappiest Announcemet.

bmac

Giga Poster
hp_b_01.jpg

Rides that are staying:

• Boo Blasters on Boo Hill
  • Bolder Bumpers, now know as Bumper Cars
  • Taxi Jam, now know as Great Pumpkin Coaster
  • Road Rally, now know as Peanuts Road Rally
  • Junior Turnpike, now known as Snoop's Turnpike
  • Red Baron, now known as Snoopy vs. Red Baron
  • Ghoster Coaster, now know as WoodStock Express
  • Flying Ace
  • Joe Cool's Driving School
  • Snoopy's Moon Bounce

Don't know who's going to be supplying the new rides, but fingers have been pointing at Zamperla and/or S&S.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
*yawn*

I'm sure it'll look fab and pefectly suit the younger clientele, but I'd was hoping that a topic called "New record breaker for King's Dominion 2013" would yield something exciting.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Wasn't arsed about the announcement.

Not arsed about the outcome.

Not arsed.

bmac

Giga Poster
Ian said:
*yawn*

I'm sure it'll look fab and pefectly suit the younger clientele, but I'd was hoping that a topic called "New record breaker for King's Dominion 2013" would yield something exciting.

That's what happens when people over interpret a stupid banner slapped on facebook, I was only in this for the "what the **** KD" reactions. Now if you want something that'll be exciting wait until 2015, 2014 is probably just going to be waterpark shiz that won't make a world of difference in their attendance (their water park is ****, for those who haven't been).

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Doesn't mean it's not ****.

Plenty of people like Justin Bieber...

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Bunny5252 said:
Browsing the KD website it appears to be "Coming 2013: A Bigger, Better, Planet Snoopy".
I'm telling the truth.

Yup. We are all dissapointed.

Now I have to get the great pumpkin coaster thread. I don't think lightning will strike twice

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
The backlash is entirely their own fault. They marketed a kids area as a thrill ride and then announced it to mass disappointment.

Idiots.

Do marketing people really not have a sodding clue, or are they trying to be clever and interesting and it's just not going to plan? I just don't get it. I really don't.

Kings Dominion desperately needs a new kids area. It's a good, needed addition to the park. I don't get Cedar Fair's obsession with Snoopy, a brand which few contemporary children recognise, surely? But regardless, it's right for the park. They just built a 300ft coaster and a 300ft chair swing, they've done a lot on the thrill side of things, and no one reasonable should be disappointed.

That doesn't change the fact that the marketing was an absolute joke.

bmac

Giga Poster
Joey said:
The backlash is entirely their own fault. They marketed a kids area as a thrill ride and then announced it to mass disappointment.

Idiots.

Do marketing people really not have a sodding clue, or are they trying to be clever and interesting and it's just not going to plan? I just don't get it. I really don't.

Kings Dominion desperately needs a new kids area. It's a good, needed addition to the park. I don't get Cedar Fair's obsession with Snoopy, a brand which few contemporary children recognise, surely? But regardless, it's right for the park. They just built a 300ft coaster and a 300ft chair swing, they've done a lot on the thrill side of things, and no one reasonable should be disappointed.

That doesn't change the fact that the marketing was an absolute joke.

I'll be honest when I say they need to be taken back around the corner and... oh nevermind. I'm sure Kings Dominion didn't have that much of a budget so they just threw together a photoshop image and plastered it everywhere they needed to. By not supplying background, or even leaving clues beforehand, they allowed the general public (and some of us, too) to basically run wild. The thing I find funny about the outcry about the announcement is that almost no one other than the parents are being reasonable about the entire situation. Everyone who's a thrill seeker wanted a 500-foot tall coaster because jesus christ they're dumber than rocks (there were three instances where I saw KDPR actually deny it would be a coaster, too!).

I have had two good moments of hilarity during this announcement, too. The first was Kings Dominion' media team's BLATANT disregard for their own media policy. They strictly ban any fansites from participating in any media events (which is what Coaster Crew is), and any blogs (which Coaster Crew constantly claims they are) that are interested need at least 20000 hits a month (which they're nowhere near with their current activity). The second was the GPs reaction to KD's reveal announcement and direct link to Coaster Crew. Almost half of them thought that KD would be getting another coaster because the link had "coaster" in it.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Remember when Cedar Point's big surprise was free cookies?

That was awesome.