What's new

New Plopsaland attraction gets stuck

peep

CF Legend
A starflyer-type attraction which opened recently at one of the Plopsaland theme parks in Belgium broke down and left guests stranded 25 metres in the air.

All the info plus a small video containing some footage of some children being reuinted with their father can be seen at the following LINK

Ollie

CF Legend
Haha looks like fun. Although it would of got boring being stuck there for three hours. Something to tell your friends when you get home though. :p

Heights don't bother me and I don't get what's so intimidating people find about Star Flyers. You know it's safe. The only think I would of felt nervous doing would be getting from the seat into the fireman's bucket thing, although I'd trust the fire services enough to know what they're doing to get me down safely.

But yeah. At least it wasn't stuck at the top. :p

Martyn B

CF Legend
Lol, them ride's do look **** scary! Though I never knew Plopland had one, I'm oddly pleased with that as I'm off there soon. I will crap myself though.

#pmbo

Roller Poster
I wouldn't mind being up there, but the three hour wait might be slightly boring :/. Nice view though :wink:. Saying that, I'm much older than some of the kids that were up there. It must be really scary at that age :(.
I also wouldn't like getting into the "fireman's bucket thing" as well. Don't care if they know what they're doing, one slip and...
Has anyone noticed the woman in that video at 19 seconds? She's laughing, then notices the camera and then tries to look serious :lol:.

marc

CF Legend
Just read this and sod that I would cry my eyes out.

When did they get this ride as I went on one there when I went, did they replace the old one with a new one?

Emmett

Giga Poster
#pmbo said:
I also wouldn't like getting into the "fireman's bucket thing" as well. Don't care if they know what they're doing, one slip and..

Yeah I would prefer to stay sitting up there all day rather than risk trying to jump into that bucket thing.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Which Plopsaland was this?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ There is one at De Panne.