Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't have MSN

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ollie

CF Legend
Do you like the new MSN?
Most people I've talked to hate it.

I really like it. It took a while to find where everything was again but now it seems alot better.
The layout looks nice and clean now. You can personalise it more and the actual message windows look alot better.

Also every time I get a message Jigsaw talks, and every time I get a new mail the Black Mamba drums start playing. :D

What do you think of MSN?

Martyn

Giga Poster
Ollie said:
Also every time I get a message Jigsaw talks, and every time I get a new mail the Black Mamba drums start playing. :D

Jesus...

Anyway. I haven't downloaded it. It normally takes a little while before an A-patch comes out for new messengers, and I refuse to run messenger with all those bloody ads all over it.

Pierre

Strata Poster
I've had it a couple of months now, for some reason I'm still registered as a BETA tester with them. I'm used to it now, its not much different once you're used to it, just a few design changes no biggie.

A

Anonymous

They have updated MSN??
I still use Miranda IM, just because then I don't have to have multiple IM's going.

I don't care really, since MSN is crap anyway.

AeRo

Hyper Poster
I have had it for a few months now, so it doesn't really bother me. I just use it for simple chat - none of theis 'Saw Speak' for me :p

It is Windows 7 that bugs me, when trying to switch between chat windows :evil:

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Martyn said:
Anyway. I haven't downloaded it... I refuse to run messenger with all those bloody ads all over it.
I stopped using the newer messenger clients when Windows Live Messenger hit the scene due to the sheer volume of adverts, and the annoyance of having to re-patch the damn thing every time it updated in order to get rid of them.

I'm actually using Windows Messenger 5.1 with Messenger Plus installed. It works perfectly for me, with 99% of the features I want and without any of the bloat. You'll not find me using Live Messenger unless Microsoft really get their act together and get rid of all the annoying crap. Like that'll ever happen.

Pierre

Strata Poster
^ Or until they force you to use a newer version, I remember a lot of people being really unhappy at not being able to use any 4.x versions.

Brookes

Giga Poster
I think the new msn is great, much better than the old one. There is more detail of how colours change around the display picture when you change your status for example, and how it shows you updates at the bottom. I think the whole thing just looks better and more organised. The only problem is that you can't use sharing folders how you used to be able to and have to do it online, that is the only drawback for me.

tks

Strata Poster
It's horrible! I downloaded msn thinking it was the old one when my laptop died and was shocked to find some piece of Vista style crap!!

I'm went and found the older one online. Much better & simpler to use. I don't understand why Microsoft had to go all Mac on everyone.

Rach

Giga Poster
I like it!

I really like the clean feel it has to it. The choice of colours is great as well!

The colours are probably the best feature of it, as you can be speaking to someone in an orange window and then someone else in a black window.

Took a few hours to get used to, but now I'm loving it.

Rush

Giga Poster
I've just got it.

It's weird, but I like it! It's gonna take a while to get used to though.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
MouseAT said:
I'm actually using Windows Messenger 5.1 with Messenger Plus installed. It works perfectly for me, with 99% of the features I want and without any of the bloat. You'll not find me using Live Messenger...
Pierre said:
...until they force you to use a newer version
It still won't happen. 5.1 won't work on any Windows OS after XP, and MS could discontinue support at any time, but you still won't get me using the official Windows Live client - I'd just migrate to a 3rd party product such as Trillian or Pidgin instead.

I prefer 5.1 to the majority of 3rd party clients, but the third party clients annoy me a hell of a lot less than the bloated official client does.

kimahri

CF Legend
It amazes me that people don't know it's name.

Or the difference between

Msn and Windows Live messenger.

Ollie

CF Legend
MouseAT said:
I stopped using the newer messenger clients when Windows Live Messenger hit the scene due to the sheer volume of adverts, and the annoyance of having to re-patch the damn thing every time it updated in order to get rid of them.
I've never got any adverts on it. Usually on the page that has all your contacts there's a small box that has one but even then it says 'advertisement underneath but it's just a white box so nothing shows.
With the new one even that isn't there.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
tks said:
I'm went and found the older one online. Much better & simpler to use. I don't understand why Microsoft had to go all Mac on everyone.

No way does the new MSN work like a Mac, it's called Microsoft Vista sh't, dear.