What's new

New indoor area at Plopsaland De Panne

Nic

Strata Poster
When we were on Anubis yesterday, we saw what is clearly a construction site near the front of the park. We went to have a look, and found banners up advertising what looked like a new indoor attraction... but being in foreign we wern't totally sure. However, I've just found a press release

http://www.facebook.com/Plopsaparken#!/ ... 0025376773 (In French)

148357_178621535483789_164857673526842_618239_3625015_n.jpg

Here's some roughly translated highlights...

Next year, the park opens a new area covered around Maya the Bee: "Mayaland". Mayaland will cover an area of 5,000 sqm and will offer no fewer than 11 new rides, a restaurant and a shop. This investment represents a cost of €8 million. Preparatory earthworks have now begun.

Mayaland will be a real indoor park of some 5,000 square meters, where visitors will discover the magical world of bees with colorful flowers, beautiful water lilies

This year Plopsaland welcomed 1,100,000 visitors and the park is expecting that this figure will increase further in coming years. These expansions allow Plopsaland to extend its opening period. Now Plopsaland already opens its doors during the period of Saint-Nicolas and Christmas holidays. The covered attractions in Mayaland be a great addition to the existing outdoor attractions, and will mean that Plopsaland offers attractions for every type of weather. In a few years Plopsaland will probably also welcome visitors in the spring.

Work will start opening on 1 December 2010. The opening is scheduled for the second half of 2011. Mayaland is included in the entry price of Plopsaland De Panne.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Looks fun, but no doubt its for kiddies, so I ain't getting excited, yet.

Should be going to Plop de Panne next year.

peep

CF Legend
Ah cool. Thanks for finding the info Nic. Looked like a small space for 11 rides, a shop and a restaurant. I'm sure it'll be awesome though in that quirky Plopsaland way.

peep

CF Legend
^That's what confused me at first but the hotel is being built next to the entrance whereas this new area will kinda be behind the hotel.

It looks like they still have lots of work to do.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Log:The Ride <3

I love Plopsaland and this will be a good addition etc etc. Looks like it's going to be quite well themed too, which is always a nice plus.

peep

CF Legend
They've just added another 38 images of the latest construction to their facebook page. It looks amazing, some of the best theming I've seen....

247305_228557407156868_164857673526842_966934_8114824_n.jpg

251796_228557673823508_164857673526842_966951_2322760_n.jpg

251622_228557690490173_164857673526842_966952_7986128_n.jpg

It's clearly no where near ready yet but I'm excited to see it all finished now, it's going to be such a fantastic addition to Plopsaland.

Full album: Here

peep

CF Legend
So they've finished it and it opens officially on 3rd July!

Link to Facebook photo album

I think it looks absolutely stunning, some of the best theming I've ever seen and look at the size of that ball pit! Oh and that has to be the coolest looking playhouse type thing in the tree. I can't wait to check this out late next month. :D

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
It looks FAB! I should be heading to Plopsaland De Panne next month, and after nabbing credz and checking out what flat rides there are to offer, I think I'll be spending the rest of my time in this. It just looks wow...and do I spy a ball pit? ;)

peep

CF Legend
They've posted a youtube video now which shows off the opening of the area and all the rides. I think it looks fantastic, those rides are going to get horrible queues due to the through-put but they look fantastic. Oh and ball pit of win.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32GL0tPUG_8&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Martyn B

CF Legend
That place just gets better and better (for kids), there is just SO much for kids to do there, and pretty much everything is of such a high quality. I bet a lot of kids get more excited about going to Plopsaland than they do Disneyland!