Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Dark Ride at Legoland Windsor

Discussion in 'News & Rumours' started by Benenen, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Benenen

Benenen Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Wildfire (Kolmarden)
    Best Park:
    Islands Of Adventure
    Coaster Count:
    Saw this announced on their Facebook page this morning, from the description on the website it sounds like a Madhouse. And judging from the current construction walls up at the park this will be going on the path between Lego City and Atlantis. Should be a solid investment if they theme it nicely, hopefully this gets a 360 degree facade unlike the hideous Ninjago shed.

https://www.legoland.co.uk/explore-...e-land/rides/the-haunted-house-monster-party/[​IMG]

Matt N likes this.
  2. Lofty

Lofty Social Media Team Staff Member Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    Yeah, it is a madhouse. The recent planning application shown a large chamber just like that in Hex and The Haunting. It sounds really cool.

3. peep

peep Moderator Staff Member Moderator Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    DisneySea
    Coaster Count:
    I think this actually sounds like a great addition to the park, would be very interested to check this out once it opens.

4. Ethan

Ethan Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Who Knows...
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Weird. So they're using the same building facade as the drop tower attraction they weren't allowed to build, however now they can but they're getting a Madhouse?

Lofty likes this.
  5. peep

peep Moderator Staff Member Moderator Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    DisneySea
    Coaster Count:
    I think this is going in a different location? I feel like the old application had it going down on the other side of the park? (could be totally wrong)

As for the ride system change I think they've had a lot of issues with the drop towers in other locations and they probably changed their mind about buying more of them?

Matt N likes this.
  6. Matt N

Matt N Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Mako
    Best Park:
    Alton Towers
    Coaster Count:
    Isn't Nemesis Sub-Terra at Alton Towers the same system as the Legoland drop towers? In which case, yes. They have had many problems with N:ST at Alton, rumoured to be concerning the ride's restraints.

7. JoshC.

JoshC. Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    This is in the same location as the drop towers.

The reason the drop towers were rejected was because the council thought a new ride would increase attendance dramatically, resulting in more traffic in the local area. As a result, Legoland built the Disko, which didn't require planning permission and can be removed at any point if the council ask, to show that adding new rides don't affect traffic any more than if they didn't.

Merlin went cold on the drop tower idea after issues with Sub Terra and other things (despite them eventually getting planning permission I believe?), which is why Ninjago happened. They've now finally decided what to do with the site.

Mysterious Sue, peep and Matt N like this.
  8. Bert2theSpark

Bert2theSpark Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Wicker Man
    Best Park:
    Alton Towers
    Am I the only one who's surprised Legoland is getting a new major dark ride just 2 years after the last?

And they've got The Lego Movie Land coming up soon as well.

I thought Legoland's were on a 5 year CAPEX cycle!

9. Crazycoaster

Crazycoaster Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Nemesis
    Best Park:
    Europa Park
    Coaster Count:
    I’m glad they’ve gotten over adding those rubbish little drop towers everywhere. Such a pointless addition.