What's new

New Amusment Park For Orlando?

Snoo

The Legend
^That's why I think it might not/will not pan out. It is almost TOO unrealistic.. as I said.. like many things that happened in Dubai.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Vekoma-Chance-Morgan-Dive-Pretzel-coaster_58012549.jpg

Second coming of Flashback anyone?

p5474.jpg

nadroJ

CF Legend
Dave said:
This seems really weird and silly, almost RCT-esque in its concept...

Exactly, it's stupid and I've hated it from the start. It's going to be loud, ugly and tacky, which while may make it perfect for International Drive will draw away from the gorgeousness and perfect theming of the other parks. Pah. Put it somewhere in a field where it's not going to spoil things for anyone.

Reminds me of the Infernal Heights scenario on RCT where everything had to have an extreme ride rating, and even then you got guests going 'Rollercoaster 1 looks too intense for me'.

alexr

Hyper Poster
Just looks sounds Like a park made in Rct3 Sandbox Mode.
If It does Happen, It will be amazing!

Casio

Mega Poster
This is really quite hilarious; the Vekoma/Chance thing looks awful and slapping a SLC in is the most half-assed thing you can do.

And I'm guessing the 'inverted' rocket coaster means inside top hat; surely there would be problems if it were inverted with having to have the winch housing above the track and the train below?

reddude333

Giga Poster
Well I personally this idea is awesome. I understand some of the concepts are a bit odd. And what's with all the proposed Vekoma coasters? Cedar Point is the only park to get that right (just leave Vekoma out of the equation!). And the Vekoma inverted coaster, so lame...honestly, leaving it out would be better. I'm all for a new park though, and the flying coaster would be only the second in the world (still can't find a POV of the one in China). The Mack coaster seems legit though. Blue Fire (if thats what its called) is a sick-looking coaster...I want one in the USA!!!

andrus

Giga Poster
Casio said:
This is really quite hilarious; the Vekoma/Chance thing looks awful and slapping a SLC in is the most half-assed thing you can do.
I assume it'll be the new Vekoma SLC that's been built in Singapore. I strongly doubt they would put in an old SLC clone in the park. The new concept looks really nice to be honest, I would in fact rather ride one of those than the countless B&Ms that are all the same.

reddude333

Giga Poster
I kinda wish I could have ridden Flashback in it's day, but it was getting old. Second coming of Flashback (irony) would be kool though.

andrus

Giga Poster
Martyn B said:
Huh, new concept?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyH0pGzIg-0[/youtube]
I would call this a new concept since they have a completely new track system, 4-across seating, launched lift hill and a new larger and more advanced layout.

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
I have ridden a "new" Vekoma SLC. According to rcdb.com, "The Gauntlet is the first to feature a redesigned wheel assembly designed to give a more comfortable ride." They also seem to have improved the padding for the OTSR's. The end result was a much better invert coaster. I would say that one rated the same as a Batman model B&M.

reddude333

Giga Poster
theRock-steel said:
I have ridden a "new" Vekoma SLC. According to rcdb.com, "The Gauntlet is the first to feature a redesigned wheel assembly designed to give a more comfortable ride." They also seem to have improved the padding for the OTSR's. The end result was a much better invert coaster. I would say that one rated the same as a Batman model B&M.

It maybe different in some aspects, but the Gauntlet seems like pretty much same old-same old with Vekoma SLC track layout.

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
^ Yes, I didn't say that it was great. The layout is the same, but riding it was much more fun.
They won't go with the big boys, but hey they tried.