What's new

New Alton Land Unveiled

spicy

Giga Poster
^ I think thats a good thing though and something Alton has lacked in the past, to have kiddy areas by the 'big rides' gives the kids something to do while everyone goes on Th13teen and Rita.

Also, remember these images a while ago?

altondarkforest1.jpg

Under the description for Th13teen it describes a Robo-arm as a tree having a mind of its own until you beg for mercy. Maybe we will be seeing a few Robo-arms next year in the dark forest? :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
spicy said:
^ I think thats a good thing though and something Alton has lacked in the past, to have kiddy areas by the 'big rides' gives the kids something to do while everyone goes on Th13teen and Rita.

From what I can gather from the Wild Asia tour we did in January, the Merlin parks, with the exception of Thorpe, plan to have a ride for everybody in all areas.

This is really news imo, just confirmation of what was already widely known.

Snoo

The Legend
Well.. an obvious change for the better. Ugland? Who was the retard who thought that up.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Nice to see the Corkscrews on the map :D

And I see Rita is Rita, and no colour change. The image also shows the same design on the trains :|

If they're going to go through the effort to change the 'station', you'd atleast think they'd do other bits to help her blend in...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
The Rita cars look different. The track is the same, but the cars have a "spooky" repaint. Also it's lost "Queen of Speed". So now it probably makes even less sense :lol:

Ollie

CF Legend
No. Why would they change it to lap-bars?
And it sucks. Rita: Queen of Speed wouldn't fit in the theme of the new area, but renaming it just Rita doesn't solve anything. :p
Still don't find what everyone finds so amazing about this new area.

peep

CF Legend
Ollie said:

Because it isn't UgLand? I'm sorry but that was the worst theme ever (well, probably not, but in Tussauds/Merlin terms it is). Whatever was going to happen Rita was always going to stick out (was a bad move from day one).

Yay for what could be a decent themed area I say!

Mike

Giga Poster
I've always thought the area by Duel was darker and more forest-y, and the area by Rita/Hex was more gloomy and wood-y... :?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Ollie said:

Cos it's better than Saw? :p

The castle part looked awesome in Feb as well... And from an area that was lacking in just about everything since Rita turned up...

marc

CF Legend
Ollie said:
No. Why would they change it to lap-bars?
And it sucks. Rita: Queen of Speed wouldn't fit in the theme of the new area, but renaming it just Rita doesn't solve anything. :p

Due to the fact it does not need over the head ones, it does nothing at all to need them.

I have not even looked at the area, I will do in a few weeks time :)

I just hated Ug Land so anything is better than that.