What's new

Nemesis - Worlds Best Inverted Coaster?

tommylawrence

Roller Poster
I've never left the UK before, but I have been on Nemesis. It is really fantastic. Howerver, I would like to see your opinions: What inverted coasters are there that beat Nemiesis?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
*moved to this forum*

IMO, it's the best inverted coaster in the world. I've done Raptor, Inferno, Montu, Batman and probably some others that I can't remember and it's the one coaster that still turns me on today.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
In terms of the actual ride, only Pyrenees beats it for me, but I haven't ridden a great many of them yet.

If you're looking at the whole package (ride, setting, atmosphere etc.) then Nemesis takes it, yeah.

Snoo

The Legend
I'd like to think it is pretty good, as I've only been on the giants in the US and the Batman clones.. which I've heard is similar in intensity. BUT, I don't know. It definitely has the possibility, as gavin pointed out, of being the best.

andrus

Giga Poster
Well, on Mitch Hawker's internet poll Nemesis is the highest ranked inverted coaster at place 7 closely followed by Katun at place 8.

I on the other hand don't like nemesis very much. I've only been on three of B&Ms inverts: nemesis, inferno and black mamba. Out of those three I definitely prefer mamba, thought that coaster was brilliant! :--D Didn't like the other two that much though..

jayjay

Giga Poster
Out of what I've done, I'd consider Nemesis or Montu to be the best. Tough one, since I've not been on Montu in over 2 years, but I did Nemesis in March.

Nemesis is great. I love how it gathers pace throughout rather than having a big drop and losing pace. Also, the scenery interaction works really well, especially in the front row. However, on a bad day, Nemesis doesn't really do anything for me.

Montu, for the first two runs I had on it, was a fairly standard invert. Fun, but nothing too special. Then I took a front row ride, and that made it a whole world better. Again, the trenches gave some interesting scenery interaction.

Tough decision, but I'd say yes, Nemesis is still the best invert. Still want to try Alpengeist and Pyrenees. Maybe Katun as well.

NASHER

Roller Poster
certainly the best I've been on....and I've done Nemesis, Nemesis Inferno, Montu and both dueling dragons.
Although montu came close on intensity in one or two places, it didn't have the atmosphere, or like others have said the interactions with the environment that make nemesis so special....let alone the fact that the forces weren't sustained for nearly as long, and the pacing was killed by the MCBR.
So certainly for me, yes, Nemesis is the greatest inverter in the world....out of the five that I have ridden. ;)

Tony

Hyper Poster
Well I've been on Nemesis, Nemesis Inferno and three Batman clones. Out of them I found Nemesis the best. I love the small dip through the trees into a corkscrew and then into a fast helix and the zero-g roll. The landscaping is amazing and that B&M roar<3.

Best in the world? Not sure, I haven't done any of the larger B&M Inverts which I think look pretty awesome.

Brookes

Giga Poster
Hmm, it's a tough one for me. I have ridden Nemesis, Nemesis Inferno, Montu and both Dueling Dragons. Personally I rank Montu the highest because it delivers more of what I want in a coaster as I prefer the layout as a whole and the force it has. This is based on two rides on Montu, sitting on the front and back which were completely insane, whereas I have rode Nemesis probably in nearly every seat. So if I rode Montu more, it would probably make me appreciate Nemesis even more. I still love Nemesis, but Montu just takes it for me.

Jake

Strata Poster
No way!

It's the best in the UK... but that's about it.

The Batman Clones are a LOT better, as are Talon, Montu, Alpengeist etc...

A

Anonymous

Nemesis Best inverted rollercoaster?

Yes in my opinion, although i havn't been on any larger ones, however Nemesis is the beast!!! it has a great ROAR, great themeing, great intensity, good speed, great music and aatmosphere. It is also in my opinion the best terain coaster although I really wish to ride montu.

Ben

CF Legend
Don't make me LAUGH.

Combine the first three letters of World's and last two of best, and you get it though <3

Casio

Mega Poster
How can you dislike it that much Ben?

But yeah, it's probably the best I've been on. Montu is very good but the exposed-ness isn't as atmospheric as Nemesis with it being buried and all. I was disappointed by Dueling Dragons and Nememsis Inferno is pretty meh for me.

I imagine Alpengeist and Katun are fairly awesome though.