What's new

nemesis voiceover

coasterC

Roller Poster
I've been meaning to ask for a while now and came to cf when nobody else knew. In the queue for nemesis at Alton Towers, is it Tom Baker reading out the story? Sure sounded like it but I wasn't sure. :?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Hello, welcome to the site.

It is indeed Tom Baker who read the Nemesis story.

Ollie

CF Legend
Furie has already answered the question but yeah, it's read by Tom Baker. It fits in really well with the soundtrack.
Oh and welcome to the site. :)

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Oblivion Man is Renny Krupinski... And he is awesome...

As in Tom Baker... 'Nobody knows where it came from, nobody know what it wants... There are theories... And then there is the legend...' <3 <3

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
That NEMESIS shouty jingle completely ruins the atmosphere for me, the theming gets you in the 'zone' and then you get screamed at by someone who sounds like tim westwood (I didn't give his name capitals cos he's annoying).

coasterC

Roller Poster
Thanks for the answers and welcomes, appreciate it!! :) I was sure it was Tom Baker and I know now so... awesome, cheers.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Seeing as coasterC's question has been swiftly answered, I'm going to ask a similar, yet stupid, question to save starting a new topic. I hope that's ok.

Does Tobin Bell (great surname) do the voice for Jigsaw on Saw: Da Ride at Thorpe Park? I know a voice changer thing is used for Jigsaw in the films but for authenticity reasons, I'm rather curious.

Waffleman

Mega Poster
^I'm not sure, but I do know that Tobin Bell did the voice of Jigsaw in the Saw Video Game, which would lead me to believe that he'd be quite easy to get hold of.

Ollie

CF Legend
Nope it wasn't Tobin Bell who did Jigsaws voice on the ride. You can tell the voice it quite different and the effect to make anyone's voice sound like Jigsaws can be done quite easily on free audio software.
So it's not Tobin but someone else (don't know who) who provided the voice of Jigsaw for the ride.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
^^^ No. Its another actors voice for Saw. When you hear it enough you can tell its an english man putting on an american accent, thats then changed.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Honest to god, if you don't spend enough time over your posts to even work out if you've hit the exclamation mark not the ¬ key, you obviously haven't spent enough time considering whether your post is contributing anything.

(Yes I see the irony that I'm not contributing either. I tried to ignore it all, I really did.)

coasterC

Roller Poster
I wonder why tobin didnt do it, that would have rocked!! He's great in the movies, but the ride videos sounded kind of stupid :p And very loud too. Like those goddamn shotguns..........

STC

Mega Poster
I believe the awful voice-overs in the station are the voice of Andy Hine, president of the RCCGB.

coasterC

Roller Poster
Andy Hine?? Cool. They should upgrade Saw each year and make improvements.......... like replacing Hine's voice with Bell's. And losing the guns.