What's new

Nemesis Recreation

trav

Mega Poster
So, I got bored today and decided to make a Nemesis Recreation.

The track has been completed in 2 hours :lol:
It's not super smooth or anything, but ah well. It was for a bit of fun. I'm gonna try landscape it and support it.

5biif.jpg

I'll get a few pictures of in simulator a bit later.

Jools

Giga Poster
3 little faults.

1) I might be being fussy, but on the real picture the first drop looks a little less curved, second, the first corkscrew looks a little bit more of a barrel roll on yours, and the last corkscrew doesn't even look like it's on yours :lol:

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
^ Don't forget, the scale on No Limits and and Google Maps are different, so that could be a reason for the different looks of the layouts. I'm sure Trav's is near as he can get it.

trav

Mega Poster
If I make the inline twist at the end into a corkscrew kinda shape, it pulls +6.7gs in the pull out into the turn. The drop looks less curved because the map isn't zoomed in 100%. If you zoom it in all the way, it looks better. The first corkscrew is still a corkscrew, but if I make it more like the one on the map, the lats go above 4.

I am still a beginner at this, so I dunno how to correct half of the problems.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Nemesis is a very hard coaster to recreate, I can already tell from your plan view that your shaping is really off. In all honesty, I would advise just making some B&M Inverted elements before tackleing such a difficult coaster.

If you're gettings 6Gs, and 4G lats I really think this needs way more work than it's worth.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Heres an exact plan of Nemesis to help.

aaa_nemesis_13a.jpg

It shows all the track connections support positions and clearance for the ground.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Don't forget, the scale on No Limits and and Google Maps are different, so that could be a reason for the different looks of the layouts. I'm sure Trav's is near as he can get it.
No...If they are at different scales then one layout would just look like a smaller version of the other, elements wouldn't be squashed out of shape for no reason.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Don't even try this IMO. I know a guy who has been copying the plans down to the nuts and bolts, and he's nowhere near a perfect recreation. I know guys who won't even try to attempt something like this, because they fear that if they don't do it properly, they will be looked down upon for life.

;)

trav

Mega Poster
Xpress said:
Don't even try this IMO. I know a guy who has been copying the plans down to the nuts and bolts, and he's nowhere near a perfect recreation. I know guys who won't even try to attempt something like this, because they fear that if they don't do it properly, they will be looked down upon for life.

;)

Or I can attempt to have fun with it...

You know what? I think I'll go with the fun option :)

I'll send it over your way Erol.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Xpress said:

;)

You know, there's something called FUN. You should try it one day.

ANyway, this is looking good Trav, I look forward to seeing it complete. Are you gonna try some 3Ds, or just track and landscaping?

trav

Mega Poster
I've started the bus in Wings 3D, but it's not going very well, so I'm gonna play around with it a bit more.

When it's finished (which won't be for a good while yet), I'm hoping to have it fully themed, landscaped, etc.

If anyone else fancies a try at the track, making it more realistic or whatever, just pm me your email and I'll send you the current track.

MRJudorules

Roller Poster
Looks good... Tell me more about this... fun???? Ye just try to have fun rather than making it a chore. I know my saw recreation is terrible, but still... I'm having fun, so that's all that matters.

OfficialAltonTowers

Roller Poster
Fun???

Now I dont know about fun, but i would like to see a brilliant recreation to Nemesis, and i am an artist with 3DSMax (job), if you can sort the track to everything looks accurate and then upload a SMOOTH video of the track to CF, then give me a copy of the track, I can/will tackle the station and any harder scenery bits, also i wouldnt terraform too deeply, the editor in nolimits is nowhere near as good as it needs to be to do nemesis, make the basic shape, then use sketchup to recreate the landscaping (cypher III), that way you can use multiple textures etc. so a stone wall looks like a stone wall, and the queue looks like the queue. I have been passionate about a Nemesis recreation, but i have never had the track assembly skills to do it, without the ride being jerky and inacurate, i am willing to team up with any skilled no limits track creators annd scenery artists to make this amazing ride come to life in the simulation world, as it shouldve been done about 5 years ago...

XXX

OAT