What's new

Need help planning trip to London

Ollie

CF Legend
Ben said:
^Ollie, you're not allowed opinions on films, remember?
Was that post meant to be in the Harry Potter one? :p

So yeah I'll probably get 241 for dungeons and LBE (if they do it for that). And then just pay to go in the Clink at the door as it's only like £3 for a student.

If we got the 241 for the Dungeons would that mean we'd have to go in the main queue? Every time I've been to the dungeons the main queue goes down the whole street so I hope not.

mrclam

Giga Poster
jokerman said:
^I quite enjoyed fright club (I assume that's the one you mean). It certainly isn't full of scares, but it was very fun, and extremely funny at times. The main actor in there was hilarious when I went.

If you want REAL scares.. try buying a pint in soho.

Lucy

Hyper Poster
I agree about the walkthrough near the London Eye being rubbish. It's now called "Death Trap" and isn't worth the £10 asking price.

Ollie

CF Legend
Yeah that place has been getting bad reviews so I'm not that interested in it.
For those who have been to the LBE what sized groups do you go round in? Both the LBE and the Tombs. Also how long does each part of the attraction last and where does it come out?

Ben

CF Legend
It comes out maybe 10ft from the entrance. When I did the LBE and Tombs I did it with just the two of us, but, we were VIPs :p

When we did the Tombs in October there was five of us, and the other three were employees padding out the numbers :p So, *shrug*

And for us, the "experience" took about 30-40 minutes, and the Tombs were about 10.

Ollie

CF Legend
Ok. We're probably going to go on the 28th of August but due to costs we may cut some of the attractions out. Avenue Q is the main reason we're going though. We're going to see the earlier performance that's at 5:30pm.

Do we turn up to the theatre in the morning and get our tickets then or book online?

If we get tickets

What seats would be best?
How much would it be each?
How long before the show should we arrive?
Where is the new theatre it's at?
Do they sell programs/how much?

Those are all the questions I can think off at the moment. Thanks for all your help so far though.

Ollie

CF Legend
^I've already seen those sites. All that tells me about is booking price and theatre. Still hasn't answered any of the other questions as didn't you say something about getting the tickets cheaper if you buy them in the morning at the actual theatre??

Ben

CF Legend
^Yes. The information is ON THE SITE. I'm not being funny, but how do you think I found out about them if I didn't do a bit of research and work...

And I'm also not being funny, but, in about 2 minutes I found ALL the answers to your questions on the site!

Seriously...

peep

CF Legend
Ollie said:
Do we turn up to the theatre in the morning and get our tickets then or book online?

If we get tickets

What seats would be best?
How much would it be each?
How long before the show should we arrive?
Where is the new theatre it's at?
Do they sell programs/how much?

Those are all the questions I can think off at the moment. Thanks for all your help so far though.

It might be best to call the theatre for tickets. I personally ask the staff at the theatre if the seats that they are offering are any good (anything blocking view etc).

On weekdays (I believe the 28th August is a Friday) it is possible to get £10 tickets but these are usually situated at the very top in the last row or have something blocking part of your view of the stage. Once again I would just ask the staff on the phone where the seats are situated. Last time I paid £20 for my ticket and sat in the front row of the balcony so it just depends on what they have available.

You should arrive about 10-20 mins beforehand but it's entirely down to you. If you want to buy drinks/snacks/merchandise beforehand obviously give yourself a bit longer.

Although the website has maps etc on how to get to the new theatre it isn't very hard to find. Once you find Leicester Square you are pretty much there, walk towards the Trocodero/Mama Mia. There is a road on your right which is opposite the theatre for Mama Mia, walk up that road and you can't miss it.

They have a brochure and a program available. The brochure is more pics of the show and not a lot else and I think it costs £5 (says £7 on the website, hmm) and the program is obviously more about the cast and the peeps behind the show, I think that's usually a little bit cheaper than the brochure.

I hope that answers all your questions.