Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Couple of days, not too bad!

Good luck, I hope it all goes well!

Hurri

Mega Poster
The plan is to ride Rage, walk to Saw, ride Saw. Should be fun... That's one word for it, anyway!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Best of luck with it! Make sure you have some very good trainers with sturdy bits at the back. Oh, and Lucozade is your friend!

Hurri

Mega Poster
Pardon me for bumping this...

The walk is in two days. I'm excited, yet perhaps slightly scared. I know I'll be able to complete it, but the concept of walking through Hounslow etc at unhuman hours is a bit worrying, and I'm not looking forward to the ache that'll come when I stop moving.

Anyway. If anyone else wants to sponsor me that'd be brilliant: http://www.justgiving.com/60milechallenge

Also, if you're interested and have nothing better to do on the day, you can follow my progress on Twitter, I'll be updating fairly regularly: http://www.twitter.com/hurriuk

Slash

Giga Poster
Awesome, so with this challenge is it across roads or are you getting from A-B in the straightest line possible?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm not sposnsoring because I can't afford to. I got a well dirty look from my boss after he asked me to sponsor him for a bike ride he's doing. I refused because I can't afford to do it.

Best of luck with it all, shall follow on Twitter.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^Too bad. It would have been awesome seeing news of you walking through people's living rooms, climbing fences, navigating across highways, swimming across rivers, scaling buldings, crawling through bushes, crossing parking lots jumping from car to car...

Slash

Giga Poster
Pokemaniac said:
^Too bad. It would have been awesome seeing news of you walking through people's living rooms, climbing fences, navigating across highways, swimming across rivers, scaling buldings, crawling through bushes, crossing parking lots jumping from car to car...

See that would be one hell of a way to get sponsorship. The only problem arises when entering the park. If you enter from the side, well it may not be easy...

Good luck with this, I see you're leaving tomorrow! No idea how you're gonna walk that far in a day (I would probably die after ten miles or so), but I'm sure you can do it!

I can't sponsor because I don't have a credit card, but, good luck!

Inverse

Hyper Poster
He made it there at about 8 this morning. Looks like he'll have to wait for Thorpe to open, he got there really quickly.

Hurri

Mega Poster
The wait for opening was made very easy, TP were awesome. As soon as I got there I was given access to the shower room in cast reception, then when I'd had a shower I was given a cup of tea, I then met some of the marketing guys and we went to Saw to get some photos for the local press at that end, then I had a couple of rides on Saw before the park opened. Then I was given priority passes for the major rides and vouchers for complimentary lunch, as well as being sorted out for breakfast at the Glass House...

So yeah, they really looked after me.

I'm glad I've done it, it's a massive achievement and was a worthwhile experience, but my legs are killing now...

Ollie

CF Legend
Well done!. :)
I'm amazed that Thorpe gave you all that lol.
How much did you raise in the end?
Congrats again. :D