What's new

Music Recommendations

Jer

Strata Poster
Comfort Eagle - Cake

Cake_Comfort_Eagle.jpg

Yes the band is named cake. This is antoher album that works the music is brilliant and easy to listen to. The lyrics are nothing drogitory, nothing fancy jsut plain and simple. The band also features horns in some of their songs giving it a cooler sounds.

Recommended songs:

Arco Arena
Commissioning a Symphany in C
Comfort Eagle
Meanwhile, Rick James...
Frank Sinatra (off a diffrent CD)

Johnny

Hyper Poster
Loads of people at my school (including myself), are loving Apologize by Timbaland and One Republic. It's such a good song.

I think the repetition of Timbaland's signature "deh" noise is used in songs that he's written/produced/remixed, but has no vocal part in, like Say It Right, and Apologize.

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
-lofty- said:
I am going really old school and listening to Linkin Par - In the end!

Sorry but Linkin Park are not old school. They are like 7 years old and still going, still sounding the same etc.

Led Zeppelin is old school.

Smithy

Strata Poster
That desperate to boost your post count, you double post as well as post mindless drivel Dan? Poor.

Anyway Linkin Park - In The End is old school for them. It's also a fairly old song on the whole, as I'm sure Lofty was on about the music in general, not the genre.

Anyway, listen to more Foo Fighters, everyone!

robbeal

Hyper Poster
danielfitzgerald99 said:
I strongly recomend a band called Mindless Self Indulgence.

They are really strange but cool. Try the songs...

Shut Me Up
Stupid MF

MSI are only going to get a bit of press because Gerard Way has just married one of them, basically. It all just sounds a bit like The Darkness singing Green Day songs, and not in a good way.

Karen

Hyper Poster
MSI is really pants! I saw them live..........stage presence is great, sound is excellent but their actuall music really does your head in after about 2 songs! It just sounds like jibbering poppy punk.

Try out these guys for size
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... id=2146841

Kill Hannah. They supported HIM last night and they were amazing! They actually sounded heavier live. Cd shoping I must go :)

tks

Strata Poster
robbeal said:
BLOC PARTY - FLUX. EVERYONE MUST LISTEN. THANKS.

I also wish Girls Aloud would stop making such good, catchy pop songs! I've been walking round work all afternoon singing their new single, and it doesn't paint a good masculine picture of me...

v Yes, Call The Shots, that's the one, the tune's just come back into my head... Thanks Nads... :p

CHOOOOON.

Both.

[My god. Me & Ned agree on some music! - Rob]

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
Karen said:
MSI is really pants! I saw them live..........stage presence is great, sound is excellent but their actuall music really does your head in after about 2 songs! It just sounds like jibbering poppy punk.

Try out these guys for size
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... id=2146841

Kill Hannah. They supported HIM last night and they were amazing! They actually sounded heavier live. Cd shoping I must go :)

Yes, Kill Hannah are good. Lips like Morphine and Unwanted are good songs.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
I'm listning to some good ol' Flogging Molly!

This band are amazing. Ideal for anyway who doesn't like mourning and moaning with music, and prefers having fun. :)

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
bezzzzzer said:
I'm listning to some good ol' Flogging Molly!

This band are amazing. Ideal for anyway who doesn't like mourning and moaning with music, and prefers having fun. :)

That is a punk band isn't it. My friend likes them.

Check out these bands if you like REAL punk

The Queers
Screeching Weasel
Me First and the Gimme Gimmes

nadroJ

CF Legend
I'm kind of really into Hadouken and Gallows at the moment. Two completely different bands, couldn't be more opposite and yet I love them both. I think I prefer British music to anything else to be honest.

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
nadroj123 said:
I'm kind of really into Hadouken and Gallows at the moment. Two completely different bands, couldn't be more opposite and yet I love them both. I think I prefer British music to anything else to be honest.

Frank Carter is a legend.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
ALWAYS loved Zero 7 for a long time. I always find myself stubbling on them again and again, and everytime I end up melting in my seat thinking "this is just what i need". Had one of them moments last night, with they're song Home sung by Tina Dico.

Enjoy

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljEgVfC8zEw[/youtube]