What's new

Mountain king Envy.

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
I envy Alton's use of Hall of the mountain king. Therefore I have been tinkering.

Better, or Worse?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CZCvMOb-dA[/youtube]

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I fail to see how the Anvil Chorus matches up with Lightwater Valley almost as much as I fail to see the point in this topic.

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
It was an effort knocked up in five minutes overlaying the original advert to make the point a decent bit of classical music, a-la the Hall of the Mountain King makes more of an impact than the ramblings over a bland tune by a random, as was the case with the original advert, what I was curious to see, is if that ties in with the general consensus of opinion.

cp23

Mega Poster
Does Alton still use Hall of the Mountain King much any more? I thought it was perfect for the park but you barely hear it used there now.

T0M

Hyper Poster
They'd benefit more from asking if they could use some of the music from Jurassic Park and heavily base the park's image on Raptor Attack.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
cp23 said:
Does Alton still use Hall of the Mountain King much any more? I thought it was perfect for the park but you barely hear it used there now.

Yes they are, its on their radio adverts. Its actually a very good ad as well

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
nemesisamazing said:
This is of no significence at all but I can play the Alton tune on my guitar
!!! :wink:

Bloody hell, I can twang my banjo string too. Kinda messy, but just as satisfactory as twanging out Hall of the Mountain King on your guitar.