What's new

Most intense ride you've ever been on

Error

Strata Poster
I missed this topic?

Anyways, I'm going with Batman as the most intense coaster, and maXair as the most intense ride. Batman is fast paced, never giving a moment to breathe, while maXair in crazy forceful in every conceivable direction.

Low count calls for not much to say.

Yeah.. just like how all the SLC's and Boomerangs feel the same too right?

Generally the same, yah. They're not great rides to begin with though, so going from really crap to kind of crap isn't a huge jump. But, I don't believe you can go from FANTASTIC to absolutely crap.

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
^ I don't get how you can think one Batman clone is crap compared to the other ones, which are awesome. What was so crap about it? It was a teensy bit more rough than the others?
I don't think that he was really saying that. I think that it is wonderful that someone can compare them all. To me, they all seem the same. Then again, I have rarely rode two in the same year. My list would be:
Batman The Ride (SFOG)
Batman The Ride (SFGAV)
Batman The Ride (SFOT)
Goliath (SFFT)
Great White (SWSA)
I should be on Batman The Ride (SFSTL) next year. The two that are not actually Batman stand out because they look a lot better.

SnooSnoo said:
Yeah.. just like how all the SLC's and Boomerangs feel the same too right?
I haven't ridden too many of them but they all do seem the same to me. Hangman (WA) seemed just a little better than Mind Eraser (SFA) or T2. Sidewinder (Hershey) seemed just a little better than Boomerang (WA), Boomerang (SFFT), or Flashback (SFOT). (Not that it matters but Boomerang - WOF and Carolina Cobra - Carowinds should be rode by the end of 2011.) The giant invert boomerangs like Déjà Vu (SFOG) are much better. Even the face to face inverts like Invertigo (KI) are more fun too.

Rush

Giga Poster
RollerCoasterFanatic said:
Alpie, back row

100% agree, no single ride experiience has made me feel as unstable after it. (Except when I went straight back on to ride it again. :p)

I don't think that he was really saying that. I think that it is wonderful that someone can compare them all. To me, they all seem the same. Then again, I have rarely rode two in the same year. My list would be:
Batman The Ride (SFOG)
Batman The Ride (SFGAV)
Batman The Ride (SFOT)
Goliath (SFFT)
Great White (SWSA)
I should be on Batman The Ride (SFSTL) next year. The two that are not actually Batman stand out because they look a lot better.

I can definitely differentiate between them, as I have them ranked differently, but they're not so different as to say, oh, one is going to be in my top ten whereas the other one is "crap". In case you're curious, mine go:

Le Vampire at La Ronde

Six Flags Great America (had better theming, but seemed the same as SFSTl's Batman with slightly less headbanging)

Six Flags St. Louis

Six Flags Great Adventure

A

Anonymous

most intense coaster

X2 at Six Flags Magic Mountain

X2 is amazing seeing as it spins you around on an axis, while going straight down a track. on the part where it is like a fly to lie but isn't is AMAZING. my blood was rushing the whole time. :eek:

A

Anonymous

Defnintely X2 for me! Just the intense G-Forces & out of control feeling you get flipping 360 degrees forwards & backwards alone is intense.

IHeartArrow

Mega Poster
Sidewinder at Hersheypark. I was not expecting it to be smooth, nor was I expecting it to be so ridiculously intense and butt-raping.

Fahrenheit at Hersheypark. Unlike most other coasters, it gives you no "breathing space" between insane moments and high G's. Absolutely stunning :D

Alpengeist. Compared to the other inverts I've been on, this thing kicks you ass there and back again in the matter of forces.

HarryBoyy

Mega Poster
Mine had to be Rock 'n' Roll Rollercoaster. I was six and I just made the height limit. I didnt know it launched, so I was petrefied

Anac0nda

Mega Poster
Insane - Gröna Lund. Somehow we ended up being the second half exactly the opposite it's supposed to be. So all the positive G's were negative :--D It was almost too intense.

wabbit42

Mega Poster
Back row nemesis on the dro before the zero g roll, my arms are always dragged down, no matter how hard I try the g forces pin them down.

F.A.S.T.

Hyper Poster
For some reason, last year when I rode it, Hades was rough as ****! That tunnel would F you up.
For that reason alone, I would have to go with Hades.

A

Anonymous

Camelot's Knightmare is pretty intense, but it falls 2nd under Blackpool Pleasure Beach's Wild Mouse, awesome example of a wooden wild mouse, I came off that with bruised knees. :D

Ollie

CF Legend
Last time I went on the Wild Mouse at PBB I got a dead leg. It smashed awkwardly into the side of the car on one of the turns and I felt a muscle or something pull. Getting out was awkward as I couldn't move my leg and couldn't feel anything for the next hour or so.
Still bloody love that ride though. :p

A

Anonymous

Yeah it's pretty dangerous, in terms of today's safety it should be condemned, but something that intense kinda has to stay, Wild Mouse makes good stories. My youngest brother bit the tip of his tongue clean off on that ride...

See, it makes stories. :p