What's new

Most Comfy seats/Restraints?

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
^ You never experienced the old Togo restraints on Viper at SFGAdv. Those were AWFUL.

Im gunna have to go with the popular vote and say B&M clamshell. I've always wanted to have one of the tester seats in my lounge. It'd be an amazing TV chair!

Seconded by B&M's OTSR's, they are far superior to anything else on the market tbh. They just seem able to mould to anyone.

Intamin restraints are HORRIBLE. The OTSR are clunky, massive and dont seem to fit to anybodys personage really. </3

Ben

CF Legend
B&M Flyers are horrible... They're constrictive, they're excessive and the "vest" thing is the most horrible contraption... ever. Anyone that enjoys having their entire body weight on that must be into bondage.

However, the regular B&M OTSR seats and restraints are lovely.

Accelerator OTSRs are just... OK. Not fantastic, not awful.

However, T-Bars rock. They just seem to completely multiply the ejector's effect.

Tony

Hyper Poster
Am normal B&M seats. I find them fairly comfy and the OTSR's are'nt to bad.

I found Baco's seats really comfy to and the retraints were comfy aswell because the straps were flexible and soft but they are'nt that great onride.

So yeah B&M seats. Best restraint I have experianced is probally Intamin T-bar although that will probally change to B&M's clamshell restraint when I ride Nitro next year.

B&M Flyers are horrible... They're constrictive, they're excessive and the "vest" thing is the most horrible contraption... ever. Anyone that enjoys having their entire body weight on that must be into bondage.

I actually liked the flyer restraints. I thought they were cool, both the B&M ones and the Vekoma ones. The Vekoma ones were a bit more weird but I still thought they were pretty awesome.

I don't find them uncomfortable at all really, but not my favourite restraints ever.

Speaking of Intamin over the shoulder restraints, the only thing I don't like about them is being stapled. I find that getting stapled with those restraints is worse than getting stapled with most other restraints. Maverick for example, after the first drop the restraint always seems to just slam down, and I hate it! I don't like the way it crushes my thighs. At least with the T-bar, those are a bit more form fitting if you get what I'm saying.

So yeah, OTSRs are good but they're probably the most uncomfortable restraint when you get stapled.

Infernus

Hyper Poster
Gurstlauer Eurofighters are the best, The way it's moulded to the shape of your body.. Its great!

tks

Strata Poster
I can't stand Intamin OTSRs! They're too heavy!! I honestly have trouble pulling them down, infact I probably lift myself off the seat before they start to budge.

The lapbar just digs into your legs horribly stapling you no matter what. As soon as you hit any spot of +G's it keeps going down and down until it cuts off the blood. And then when you hit ejector air like at the end of Rita it fricking hurts to have your whole body thrust upwards and your legs surgically attached to the seat!

The shoulder part may aswell be made of razor blades, they smash into your head/neck and they just don't move.. Plus they don't even touch you, why even bother with them?

Annnyway. I love Rush's seats, a giant bucket with a restraint that is so easy to keep a few inches above your legs for major aiir!

Air's are ok, I find them restricting though. Farr too much rubber + plastic.

I think Rollercoasters (lackof) restraints are awesome too. And the seats which you can lift up, turn around and take out of the ride rule! Plus you can do the whole ride lying down.. :D

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
tks said:
I can't stand Intamin OTSRs! They're too heavy!! I honestly have trouble pulling them down, infact I probably lift myself off the seat before they start to budge.

Yeah I agree, when I went on Rita I was trying so hard to pull the stupid restraint down cause it was so heavy.

Haha, I have trouble getting the restraints down as well. So yeah, they're pretty hard hard to pull down, but the worst is definitely the S&S over the shoulder restraints. On Power Tower I can honestly like, never get them down without help.

I also know what you mean about the airtime hills but Maverick's airtime is so awesome that I don't really notice the circulation issue half the time.

Lucy

Hyper Poster
Most restraints are comfy. Slammers are supprisingly comfortable seeing as it only holds the top of your shulders and your waist.

The only thing about Slammers shoulder restraints is that you have to make sure you don't push them down too far as it can be painful! :D

I agree Rush's are comfortable too and the freedom they give you whilst also being secure is very effective.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
The only problems with Slammer and Rush's restraints are the back of the seats, which have no padding whatsoever so it just digs into your back..

A

Anonymous

I do quite like the hydrolic launch coaster design. The are nice and thin and soft :)

Naemuti

Mega Poster
SnooSnoo said:
If your 6 inches is 50lbs.. I'd love to meet you my friend.. :lol:

And Snoo being his usual self derails the topic and starts talking about people's members. I'm sure if you gained 6 inches that weighed 50 pounds, ride restraints CERTAINTLY wouldn't be comfortable for you. :)

Anyways, I think this topic was pretty much over from the start. B&M hyper/invert restraints > all. Although, if it's a classic wooden coaster with lots of airtime, buzz bars are nice.

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
Rush has nice seats/restraints. I also like Slammer's too. Also oblivion's, I like the way you kinda tilt back in them, soo comfy, especially the lift hill. :)

B&M hyper/invert restraints > all.

What's so great about the B&M Inverted coaster restraints? I mean, not too many people have said that, so I don't see how the "topic was over from the start".

Although, if it's a classic wooden coaster with lots of airtime, buzz bars are nice.

I agree with you here though. A lot of older wooden coasters are crazy when it comes to the amount of slack I can get on them. It's pretty awesome.

Toro's restraints were nice as well, but the only thing that bothered me about them was when I usually will lift my thighs up trying to get slack between me and the restraint, it doesn't work with the U-bars because they don't go on your thighs, but mostly your stomach if you know what I mean.

Homer

Hyper Poster
B&M Hyper restraints by far. So comfortable. Heck, all B&M restraints/seats (minus the Stand-ups).

Johnny

Hyper Poster
^I actually found Riddler's restraints/seats to be quite comfortable. There wasn't any discomfort at all as far as I remember, not even from the "bike seat".