What's new

Most Anticipated..

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
Park wise, I'm excited to see how Alton Towers will celebrate 30 years!

As for a ride, I'm gonna throw my hat in and say Raptor Attack! Lightwater Valley aren't known for their theming, so this development should be really interesting and I can't wait to see what has gone on down below! I think everyone is going to be pleasantly surprised...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Returning to Blackpool with Jerry in tow. Really looking forward to seeing how it looks to somebody who has never been before (or has any real expectation of UK seaside parks). Also because I've not been for years now - so it'll be good to see if it can capture the old fun I used to get from a visit there.

Other than that, very quiet year for me this year (I think I've said that before and been proven wrong though :lol: ).

Anac0nda

Mega Poster
Ridewise the only new thing is the Zamperla Motocoaster at Särkänniemi. Not too excited though...

But what I'm really waiting for is Linnanmäki to open and thus my work to begin! Last summer was awesome and I hope this one will be at least as good one, because now I have a friend working there sharing the same one hour train to Helsinki.

CMonster

Giga Poster
Most likely nothing, unless my parents have something unexpected up their sleeves! (Which, I know for a fact they don't, we're going on too many other vacations this year, including the one I'm on right now.)

So, Air Grover at BGA. :lol:

sean

Mega Poster
I always anticipate any new ride, they're all new experiences.

Th13teen is obviously the talking point of the UK, but I agree with Nathan that Lightwaters Raptor Attack could be a pleasant surprise.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ It's a rethemed Sewer Rat at Lightwater Valley.

Ben

CF Legend
Depending on a financial option which may or may not open to me, I MAY be going on the two Intimidators, so it'd be those two! <3

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Definitely Intimidator 305.. how could you not be stoked about that!

I'll probably try to get to Carowinds and ride the sister coaster as well. So since I haven't been there before, I'm most excited about that as a new park.

herbinator

Mega Poster
For me the park has got to be alton as I have not been there yet and because of this my most aniticipated ride(s) are 13, nemesis and Oblivion! :--D

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
Parks of the past:
Busch Gardens Europe - my favorite park; it has 3 of my top 10
Hershey - turned out to be great; it is my second favorite
Kings Dominion - hadn't been to it for about 20 years; it has a lot to offer
Six Flags Great Adventure - a little bit of a let down; most rides did not live up to the hype
Six Flags Over Texas - a little bit of a let down, but it did have a lot to offer
Six Flags Fiesta Texas - a few good surprises in a park of not as many rides
SeaWorld San Antonio - a lot of "extra" rides for a park that was supposed to be for the shows

Rides of the past:
Mr.Freeze (SFOT) - was even better than I thought it was going to be
Titan - I have decided that I like more drops and less twisting on a hyper/ mega
Superman Krypton Coaster - was pretty good, but Kraken is still the best floorless looper
Steel Eel - pretty good even though it doesn't have the 200ft+ height
Manta - my best flyer; in my top 20
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit - I like the vertical lift and non-inversion loop

Parks in my future:
SFSTL, WOF, SDC, Magic Springs - I am really looking forward to this trip (pushed back a year)

Rides I am looking forward to:
Diamondback
Maverick
Mr. Freeze (SFSTL)
Mamba
Patriot
Prowler
Powder Keg
X Coaster
Fahrenheit
Flying Turns
Round About
Intimidator
Intimidator 305

Kebab

Giga Poster
I'm being boring this year, I'm only really looking forward Th13rteen overall; I don't plan on going out of the country this year.

And for the park? Who knows, I haven't really planned much ahead. Maybe I'll visit somewhere different this year on a trip with my mates, like Flamingoland or Oakwood.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
What is your most anticipated park and coaster of the year?

Park: Lake Winnie

Coaster: Montagna Russa (La Feria)

Also looking forward to trips to BGW, my new home park! Other coasters would be the Timmy brothers and Rampage.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
^ When are you planning on hitting up Lake Winnie? It's not much, but the wooden coaster is pretty ok.

Anticipated park: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (in 2 weeks)
Coaster: Boardwalk Bullet, most likely. Interested to see if it meets the hype.

A

Anonymous

It has to be Thirteen. I'm very intrigued, especially seen as Alton Towers hasn't had a dud coaster since corkscrew.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
RedRiot UK said:
It has to be Thirteen. I'm very intrigued, especially seen as Alton Towers hasn't had a dud coaster since corkscrew.

Oooooh. Can I be the one who makes the list please? Go on... ;)