Morgan Hypercoasters?

Best Morgan Hypercoaster

• Mamba

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Steel Force

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Wild Thing

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Steel Eel (not a hyper, but still hyper-ish)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Superman: El Ultimo Escape

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steel Dragon 2000

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Phantom's Revenge

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

VF15

Roller Poster
I was just wondering what the Coasterforce community thinks about D.H. Morgan hypercoasters for those of you that have ridden one. Personally, I have only ridden Wild Thing at Valleyfair, and I while think that it is a very fun ride, it falls short of the quality of B&M hypers. Wild Thing has some nice airtime and some good positive G's, but I feel that B&M hypers execute those better. I can't speak for all Morgans, but it seems like they are average in the world of hypercoasters, although I've heard lots of great things about Phantom's Revenge (although PR isn't 100% Morgan). Anyways, if you've ridden one, how do you feel about them?

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
First off, nice to see another Valleyfair fan on here! Miss the days when I would be there almost every day.

I've ridden Wild Thing, Mamba, Steel Force, and Steel Eel and I would put Wild Thing as my favorite. The floater airtime on that second hill is great!

Having said that, Steel Dragon 2000 would likely take the cake no doubt.

zips_6

Roller Poster
I am only 12, so sadly I don't get around a lot. I want to ride Phantom's Revenge and Steel Force the most out of all Morgan hypers. I live in Pennsylvania, and I have been to Dorney Park, but I was very little. And I could probably make a trip to Kennywood sometime.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Uh. I've done Mamba, Steel Force, Wild Thing, Steel Eel, and Phantom's Revenge
I voted for Mamba but really I guess it would come down to my mood. None of them are bad but most "pioneered" the Hyper genre so they may not hold up to more modern (B&M/Inta) style rides. That being said.... I'd take a few of the Morgans over some of the B&M and Intamin rides.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I have ridden Phantom's Revenge, Mamba, and Steel Force.

I enjoy Phantom's Revenge the most for its novel layout and unique surroundings. Mamba and Steel Force are good, but I am still an Arrow Hyper fan myself.

Casio

Mega Poster
I've done Steel Force and Phantom. Steel Force was just as expected; very meh. It's got some decent force on the big helix, but the drops are tame and the bunny hops are very poorly profiled. Really just a slightly better version of The Big One. It looks awesome though.

Phantom on the other hand blew me away. I'm a big fan of Desperado so I had fairly high hopes for this since it was originally Arrow, but it really is something else. The first drop is good, the second drop is of course incredible and the rest of the ride is a great blend of high g, powerful airtime and head choppers. It's short compared to the other rides of its size, but it does everything I want in a coaster. The trains are also really nice compared to the usual Arrow/Morgan coffin trains.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
I've done Steel Force and Phantoms Revenge. I love them a lot but I liked Phantoms Revenge better. Steel Force has some really great moments but that second drop on Phantoms Revenge under Thunderbolt is amazing.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
I actually really liked Steel Force and am now looking forward to hopefully riding other Morgan hypers in the future. I've only been on that one though, so I can't really give an accurate opinion.

Edward M

Strata Poster
I've only done Mamba, but I really enjoyed it. The first part was very fast and enjoyable. The second half had some really good airtime, although the airtime was quite uncomfortable. Not dying to ride the rest, but I look forward to riding them if I'm already at the park.

Probably Phantom's Revenge. The second drop is awesome and it actually has a bit of airtime, whereas I found the other ones like more boring versions of Magnum. Phanny is a bit short but it's at least unique.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I haven't done them all, but definitely SD2000 out of those I have done, for the reasons in the above post.

It got me excited for the others since on paper they're just scaled down versions (not including Phantom's Revenge for obvious reasons), but they're nowhere near as good.

SD2000 delivers great airtime on the bunny hills. Mamba and Steel Force had next to nothing.