What's new

Mobius on CC

Josh73

Giga Poster
I'm not sure if I put this in the right section, but it is a question so...

If you rode a Mobius coaster would you add 2 new credits to your coaster count or just one?

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
I'd say one as it is one track and if like the grand national, both sides definatly feel the same coaster. Haven't been on another others so can't say for them. They're still one cred though.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
As with anything else, it's down to your own way of counting things.

Personally, I count them as one since they're one track, but ultimately it's just down to how bad of a credit whore you are.

Ollie

CF Legend
Still only counts as one as it's one track. But I'd also say that you'd have to ride both sides to get the credit so you ride the full length of the track.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^What he said. You basically have to ride the full track (on any coaster) to get the credit.

At least, that's how it works for me.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
See, this is where being a credit nazi actually works in my favour.

As I only count racing coasters or "mirrored" coasters as one (if it follows roughly the same track, then it's 1 coaster) then I have no trouble counting a single circuit (half the track) on a Möbius coaster as one "credit". The other half will give you pretty much exactly the same ride, so why bother?

On another note, Möbius coasters absolutely fascinate me, and I once created an entire half a park in RCT3 where everything was Möbius. Möbius rapids, Möbius rocket coasters, Möbius Dive Machines, Möbius log flumes and probably Möbius carousels. I submitted my park and ideas to several theme park owners and ride manufacturers actually and I'm hoping that I'll get the good news in a couple of days that I've been hired as their new chief design engineer - so excited! :D

Ben

CF Legend
They're two creds. If you want to count them as one, we'd appreciate it if you used the word credit instead.

Snoo

The Legend
furie said:
See, this is where being a credit nazi actually works in my favour.

As I only count racing coasters or "mirrored" coasters as one (if it follows roughly the same track, then it's 1 coaster) then I have no trouble counting a single circuit (half the track) on a Möbius coaster as one "credit". The other half will give you pretty much exactly the same ride, so why bother?

Because they are two different tracks you silly.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Same experience and none of the "does this count, doesn't this count" ambiguity. The trains make much more of a difference that the track layout does, so :p

Snoo

The Legend
furie said:
Same experience and none of the "does this count, doesn't this count" ambiguity. The trains make much more of a difference that the track layout does, so :p

Oo I never said a Mobius is more than one.. simply that two different tracks are more than one as.. you know.. they are two different tracks. ;)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Snoo said:
Oo I never said a Mobius is more than one.. simply that two different tracks are more than one as.. you know.. they are two different tracks. ;)

So if you'd only rode one "side" of Kennywood Racer, would you say you'd not been on the coaster yet, just got about halfway around and then had to get off? You'll put it onto your count when you finally do the other side and until then, don't have any opinion on the ride until you've done a complete circuit? :p

Snoo

The Legend
furie said:
Snoo said:

So if you'd only rode one "side" of Kennywood Racer, would you say you'd not been on the coaster yet, just got about halfway around and then had to get off? You'll put it onto your count when you finally do the other side and until then, don't have any opinion on the ride until you've done a complete circuit? :p

Yep. The fun of the credit is that:

1. The ride will never only be open with one side.
2. The line is never that long.
3. You get to choose what side you want.

So I win. :p

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Not if you do one side and it breaks down (or like The Grand National tends to do, burn down) :p

tks

Strata Poster
What's a credit?

(no idea what my count is so i just don't care, although Steeplechase is clearly ONE credit ;) )

Error

Strata Poster
I'm the dork who always counts tracks over anything, but it doesn't make much of a difference to me (Only being on 3 coasters that I rode both sides).

As stated, based on how you count. For me, one track, one credit.