What's new

Minecraft

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
I play, and would love to build a MC CF Towers. Not sure how much else interest there would be, given how popular the CF Steam group is :D

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I don't know if we'd be able to create it on CF's own servers or what, but it'd be fun for sure!

Ploddish, do you have a legit account or cracked?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I've seen it, but I don't actually 'get' it.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Hyde244 said:

Obviously legit because CF doesn't condone that kind of thing :roll:

kimahri

CF Legend
Hixee said:
I've seen it, but I don't actually 'get' it.

From what I assume it's a giant sandbox

For the actual game, I'm kinda interested in it but alas megaten is taking up all my time for games on the computer. 752 hours of my life, whittled away...

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
My uni house-mates have discovered it recently...

Watching it... It's just a square sandbox where you try and work out how to make certain things and then build random crap till you're bored...

Not my cup of tea...

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
Hyde244 said:
Legit, naturally.

Minecraft is a bit like Dwarf Fortress, except it isn't. A bit like playing with lego, except it isn't and it's engrossing as hell. The stuff people have created with it is astonishing, and the amount of exploration that's possible is also astonishing.

It's one of those games where you spend the majority of your time going, 'I wonder if I can...' or 'I wonder what would happen if I...' and it's even better with friends :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RAjfNdZ0hw[/youtube]
[/obligatory minecraft is silly-awesome video]

EDIT: It's also doing pretty well for a game that's not been released yet!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Exactly.

It is a Sandbox game consisting of 1 meter blocks that can be reconstructed however the user sees fit, which results in anything, seriously.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn2-d5a3r94[/youtube]

or

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsII9ujjlKc[/youtube]

The game is still in its beta stages, so it is ever evolving, such as the addition of the ability to turn zombies on at night, which turns the game into a survival/defend scenario.

Error

Strata Poster
I've played it before, but I have my friend log in so I could play the full game without paying for it.

When I have more money, I'll buy it.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ It's only $20!

I'll look into what it would take to create a 24/7 server on my own internet, and then we'll go from there!

chessychase

Roller Poster
minecraft is the new digital crack... I'd be happy to chip in for a minecraft server. Tip; theres a third party python based server which takes a fraction of resources when compared to the huge java official one

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Alright, the long and short of it!

Bad news - We would most likely kill our current server with the attempted creation of a CF server. Sorry peeps! Creating a server would require much more resources than we currently have.

Good news - I am currently on a server! There is a group of about 7 friends currently building, and y'all are more than welcome to join! The IP is smp.mintyfreshcreepers.net. If you log on, PM me and I'll forward you the current group's warp location!

Take note, we are looking to build a pretty massive city on the new server, so experience is very much preferred!

Roody Poo

Roller Poster
I have been looking into this and have found how much it would cost to run it with 8 people for one year. It saves 20% compared to buying it month by month.

http://www.multiplaygameservers.com/ord ... ?players=8

Of course if someone has a computer with at least 4 gigs of ram we could run it for free. But this would cause you to have to dedicate about 2 gigs of ram to hosting a server. Also note it could be a bit laggy.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
That's a better price offer than I've seen from other places.

Again, you can link up with smp.mintyfreshcreepers.net, it's a free to use server that is very reliable.

FloridaTix

Roller Poster
I play!...occasionally! Sometimes there just seems to be so much to do. You know you can create your own roller coasters in it as well?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Obviously all over that. :roll:

Though with the elimination of booster tracks, it has become much harder to support my 3+ mile track!

Alright, here is the info for the server that I am on (sorry Kimahri, I've just come around to your PM!)

Server IP: smp.mintyfreshcreepers.net

Here is the forum link for the server.

http://mintyfreshcreepers.net/

When you enter the server, you are an entrant, and have limited capabilities. You're able to build, but are not able to access storage.

However, register as a member and post in the Introduce Yourself topic. After a 7 day period, you will be added as a citizen of the server, and granted full privilege.

This is a great server with a dedicated core and money base. Currently it is down, but that is only because they are boosting memory - definitely a great group to be playing with.