What's new

Merlin May Develop Legoland For Beijing

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Wouldn't be surprised to see this happen. China is where it's at when it comes to new park development.
Legoland, the third-largest theme park brand in the world, is expected to build a park around Qinglong Lake in Beijing’s Fangshan District this year, according to Fangshan Congress.
The Fangshan government will focus on the development of Legoland and an equine husbandry and racing complex that will develop horse racing, breeding, testing and training.
Meanwhile, the railway linking Yanshan and Fangshan will be completed this year, greatly releasing pressure on traffic in Fangshan New District and making transportation in the area more convenient than before. The district is also planning to make full use of new energies by incorporating tramcars into its transportation system, said Zhou Zhengyu, director of the Transportation Committee of Fangshan.
Source: http://beijing.china.org.cn/2015-01/14/content_34558302.htm

divvie_dave

Mega Poster
Call me naive, but is Lego that big of a thing in China? Or would this be to primarily cash in from visitors to the country?

jj23w

Hyper Poster
nadroJ said:
'We' <3

Lego is a worldwide product as far as I'm concerned, sounds fab.

I've said it like that because working for Merlin who own the Lego theme park brand. There's mainly a lot wrong with the subject of matter. 1. Merlin are Second largest Theme Park Operators in the world. 2. It's supposed to be in Japan not China.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
jj23w said:
It's supposed to be in Japan not China.
I don't know about one for Japan but the report I posted is about a Legoland park opening near Beijing, which is in China last time I checked. :wink:

T0M

Hyper Poster
caffeine_demon said:
Tom G said:
There will soon be more Legoland attractions than McDonald's worldwide.

Hmmmm - 30,000+ McDonalds restaurants worldwide, leaves Legoland with around, oooh, 30,000+ to go....

A completed Lego model of 2,000+ bricks is defined as an attraction.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
Well, this might be a good way to clarify to the Chinese GP the difference between the real Lego bricks and the knock offs. :wink: