What's new

Mars (UC) Update & Angst? July 14

Jer

Strata Poster
Mars is my newest coaster and hopefully I will finish it. The ride is an experimental X-car with a a vertical launch. The sequense it's self is a little strange but i'm not going to into detail about it (you'll have to wait for the download) beofre you ask about the exit to the launch, it's only launches at about 30mph. As of now all the Gs are green and im happy with the layout. A cartexture will be planned.

Pics:

mars090516111317000.png

mars090516111328001v.png

Ollie

CF Legend
Looks like it'll be fun and a nice compact layout. Not sure how it's going to look with supports though.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It's looking quite sexy I have to admit.

Are you going to keep the layout compact or spread it out a little more?

Jer

Strata Poster
^Im going to try and keep it as compact as possible. I want ti to seem unique in my way but still seem like something Mauer would build.

^^Im good with making rides look good ;) The supports will look fine.

Jer

Strata Poster
Excuse the double

More pictures of more supports and more layout. Thanks to Andre for showing me the supports on HRRR (Hollywood, Rip, Ride, Rockit) im took the mian idea of those. As for the layout, I realize an MCBR is not very Maurer like but it's going pretty fast, too fast to do any thing really.

pics:

mars090517154006001.png

mars090517153950000.png

Jer

Strata Poster
You guys got any better suggestions let me know, it goes right over the station so that scaffolding would have to be unbeliveably wide (Maurer doesnt do that). let me know please.

Until then they stay.

Jer

Strata Poster
So after a while of riding with the MCBR all i could think was "this is ****ing boring" so i removed the MCBR and added this glass smooth element.

marsv2090520213709000.png

marsv2090520213721001.png

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I'm guessing that you were planning on having the banking screwed up for that. I would've otherwise said that you would need t o bank it the other way for a little bit longer before rotating over the top.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I don't think you understood what I was saying there. It looks messed up, but in reality, it probably isn't.

Jer

Strata Poster
Hey guys im backkk!

and so is Mars. Now that i've graduated and have no school until september i'll be able to finish this ride. Unforuneatly i dont have much done as of now so enjoy this small update as a token of apology.

Jer

Strata Poster
Yeah :)

I changed the corckscrew to a small dive loop due to space. The layout is almost done, at 2400ft it's already long for a X-car.

Also anyone that can explain to me how Xcar train textures work would be godly.

Xpress

Strata Poster
I believe there is 2 textures, and you gotta pair them up. Doesn't package together well using the track packager, so you have to put them in a zip package and upload seperately.

Jer

Strata Poster
Alright finished the layout, this is how it will be. THe helix exit has changed I added a lteral airtime hill, and a quick turn around onto the brakes.

and finally a Launch POV, beacuse I know you all wanted to see one.

PLEASE leave feedback pertaining to the layout.