What's new

Man breaks his neck on Grand National

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Scott, I agree it's no different now to five years ago, but it's very different to how it was ten years ago...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Yeah I was thinking the other night it's nearing 10 years since my first visit... And it was a completely different ride experience back then.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Thing is, after the fire, I still found it "smooth*" and fantastic fun. The roughness has come in post 2006. I don't know why though, but I believe it was running faster post fire.

*in relative terms, in aware it's a very old bit of coaster :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

BBH

Giga Poster
That's a bit wild. I assume Blackpool would be absolved of any responsibility if you're warned not to ride with a preexisting condition.

Think you might wanna retrack it? Maybe?

Pierre

Strata Poster
Scott88 said:
Mysterious Sue said:
Balls! It's not that rough! If you're coming off with a dodgy back (or broken neck) then you shouldn't be riding in the first place!

There are lots of rides out there with moments of severe actual pain (Tornado at Bakken anyone?) that could give people actual problems, but no one is calling them to be ripped out. Just because you can't handle a bit of roughness doesn't mean you should call for the Nash to be destroyed and remade as a completely different ride. Which is exactly what would happen if RMC got in there. There are not that many traditional 'wild ride' woodies around now, especially in Europe.

Grow a pair or sit it out.

I keep reading that the Nash has changed and is getting worse but considering how often I go on the thing, I just don't see where these claims are coming from, it rides no differently now than it did last year or five years ago, the biggest problem with it is the slow operations of it on a four train service.

Maybe because you do ride it that often you don't notice the changes as they are minimal between 'now' and your last ride. It's like kids, raising them you don't really notice the 'growing' but if someone else hasn't seen the kid for six months they remark at how much they've grown.

It was terribly rough when I rode it last week compared to the time I rode it last which was about 2007/8?