What's new

Magic Kingdom | 7 Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster | Vekoma/Disney

Lofty

CF Legend
Re: Magic Kingdom | 7 Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster | Vekoma/Dis

Well, that's the point of theming isn't it? To immerse the guest into a fictitious storyline and/or location ;)

Robbie

Hyper Poster

Looks like actual on-ride clips in that video - seems to go at a reasonable speed.

Epcotcenter82

Roller Poster

As I noticed in the video, it seems like there is a nice uphill helix leading to the "Mini Everest"(That is what it looks like to me lol..) drop. I am very exited for this because of the singular lapbars for one. (I prefer that over the huge lapbar on BTMRR.. I'm not the biggest fan of airtime unless it is on tot. I feel as if I am going to fall out of the car lol.) And, the swinging cars :D I might possibly be there when it opens, crossing fingers for that opportunity!

Lofty

CF Legend

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjsyHBS33FM[/youtube]

Just another testing video showing them testing the E-Stops too. The lifthill's are surprisingly fast and you can see from the video that the back seat looks to provide a good fun ride.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

Bring Does those Walls

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAw3WkeUpRY[/youtube]

Courtesy of Orlando Attraction's Magazine.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

Always impressive how well they can theme something to look aged and natural, but not dirty.

Ethan

Strata Poster

It's beautiful! I love the water feature and the themed catwalks!

Lofty

CF Legend

Youngster Joey said:
Bring Does those Walls
Erm.. what?

The area looks incredible, I can't wait to see POV's of the coaster.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster

Hmm, the only problem I have with this ride is that it doesn't seem organic enough. Yes it has rocks bla bla, but it doesn't really blend too well in my opinion. Looking at how Big Grizzly Minetrain was designed, and this, its not of the same standard. Biggest gripe is that this has loads of thin rock walls that surround the ride, whereas BGM just fits in and is all very low down without these silly rock walls, which makes it less interactive.

BUT, it still looks flipping amazing and Vekoma look to have done a wonderful job with the track design and pace of the ride, looking at test footage. I'm excited to see a full pov of this and to hopefully ride it!

Lofty

CF Legend

Yeah, but to be fair, this isn't based off of a 'real' scenario like BGMR, it's based off of an animation and therefore is more cartoon-like in design, which makes much more sense.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

Plus Big Grizzly Mountain didn't have to fit into an existing area. The whole of Grizzly Gulch was built with the coaster as the centerpiece.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster

Ok I don't think I communicated my point well..

I get that it has to be more cartoony and if we take that example, the look and interaction/integration of Splash Mountain in its land, is far superior to this. 7 Dwarfs feels very RCT in the way that they've used a high concrete wall to separate you from the ride. It just feels plonked there, and it doesn't have to fit in with anything as its an entirely new extension plot, so thats not an excuse for it.. I just think that more could have been done so that everybody isn't surround by concrete, which is whats happened. Thats what I mean by organic. It just doesn't feel like it belongs there and thats totally down to what I've mentioned.

marc

CF Legend
It is plonked there though, they have done a great job to fit it into an area that size.

Splash mountain they had land to play with, here it's very tight.

For me though it does fit into the area in WDW. I would say in Paris and California it would not fit at all. The area in Orlando has always felt and looked different from the others.

This has had to be built in an area that has been there since day one.

We need to remember as well this was a very last minute addition to the expansion and was originally not in the plans.

I sort to know what you mean, but it was always going to look like this and there was nothing they can do to make it different.

I've always been the same with Everest, it's just there totally different to anything else in the park. I had been to the park when it was not there so just always felt it did not belong when it was there.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

Not sure when it's from and if it's a full POV (I'm pretty sure it's not) but here

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX4REwQeDEY[/youtube]

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

Looks fun, but I was never expecting the next incarnation of BTMRR either. Maybe I'll actually be able to get the wife's coaster count up to six. :)

_koppen

Hyper Poster

I wonder if it's a launch boost at 0:59?

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016

Shame it's in the dark but I suppose they're only teasing us :p

The inside area looks spectacular. All being well in less than 5 months time I'll be on this coaster and, even though it's a family coaster, I'm really looking forward to it :D