What's new

Madrid creds in a day!

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
So, daviddoc and I decided that because we now had the slagharen pass we would go to madrid next because both parks and two zoos had free admission with the pass. We had been waiting for the parks to properly open for ages and then finally booked when it suited our rotas only to find that the two parks were only open one day out of the 3 we were going to be there, the day I arrived at like 1pm. Oh snap!

Challenge accepted!

We opted to hire a car so that we could get between the parks quickly (as PW is out of Madrid) and began the plan. PW was open until 10pm so this gave us a chance. First up it was Parque de atracciones!
This park is relatively compact and I had scouted it on street view so that I knew my way around (for speedy cred hunting). Everyone had said that both Madrid parks are usually quite dead but you always wonder whether the day you pick might be an exception. Luckily it wasn't and everything was walk on. First up we did tornado, the intamin suspended coaster which had spited daviddoc previously.

This was a bit rattly but wasn't too bad. I would rank it better than an SLC but not as smooth as some other intamins. The spinner here is really good, possibly even better than the other maurer spinners i've done (uk ones and winjas)! It was really long and had a tunnel. Make sure you do the spider themed dark ride in the "tarantula mountain" or whatever it was.

This was a family shooting dark ride where you go through a cave of spiders. I had issues with getting the targets to register my shooting but daviddoc seemed to do ok. My issues might have been partly due to the fact spiders were coming at me from everywhere in dark. Slightly distracting. Definitely didn't scream and jump at one. Nope, not at all.

Abismo was the cred at this park that I'd been most nervous about because the lift hill is not only vertical but finished upside down. (I believe some people got stuck on the lift at this point for a while as well from cf?) Once you're done with that hangtime, enjoy some more on the really slow inline twist before the actual fun bit of the ride begins. This fun bit was indeed fun and probably makes it the best coaster in the park. We had loading issues on this one (like lots of others who have visited) because they seem to wait until the exact number of people to ride are in the queue. They wouldn't send it with more than that number so turned a load of people away until we had the exact amount. Or so it seemed, all the conversations were in spanish so who knows!

We then proceeded to get the other creds (except the kiddie cred that was still being painted, but this wasn't on rcdb as open so not exactly a spite). The mine train was by far the best of the bunch and even though it was a gerst, the same as Dragon Fly at Duinrell, it lacked the same level of airtime. I think it had a little though. We spent what seemed like an age queuing for the fairly odd parents cred sandwiched in between loads of screaming children but in the end completed the cred challenge. We pondered about doing some other stuff but decided we needed to progress on with our challenge. So far things had been pretty relaxed so we were feeling pretty good about our goal.

Parque Warner

I was kind of expecting this park to be similar to the other one but with added B&Ms for some reason but when we arrived I knew it was on a different scale. The theming in some areas is really nice.

Creds: Stunt fall was the other cred of the trip that I was slightly nervous of. I had done an invertigo but never a vertical lift boomerang, and like abismo this meant unavoidable, awkward hangtime.

For what is essentially a boomerang this coaster packs some thrills. The hangtime at both ends is suitable thrilling and the vertical drops are fun. The rest of the elements are relatively forceful so together it makes for a thrilling ride. Probably one of my favourite boomerang-type rides.

Superman! This is a quality B&M! So much airtime!! Kraken is the only other floorless that I have done and I do like it (shock horror) but this one rides so different to it. I wasn't expecting airtime on the first drop, or the zero-g or really anywhere but this ride has loads! This is one of those coasters, like Oz'Iris that actually has a zero-g that does what it says on the tin-zero gravity! So may zero-gs don't do this imo. This coaster now sits proudly in my top 10! :) The back row seemed to be the best and back row middle to get the best out of the zero-g imo.

Batman, my first batman clone! Who doesn't love a decent B&M invert? Although Superman topped it for me this ride was fun and also, like superman had a nice queueline and a bit of theming. I haven't been to a six flags park yet so this was was something different for me. We later tried it in VR and my goodness it was gross! They did the headband SO TIGHT on my face and if you don't know the layout well then you end up banging your head around because you can't brace yourself for the forces. I think B&M inverts are too forceful for VR. This was the third VR coaster that I've done and I think Shaman at Garda did it best because it had inversions but it wasn't as hectic as Batman so you didn't get thrown around as much. Still, an experience! We went round and mopped up all the creds, including the world's loudest coaster (tom and jerry) and had time to spare to go and reride the best stuff as the sun set.

The late closing of this park meant that a lot of people had left before we arrived in the late afternoon/evening so all the big creds were walk-on. We saw a bit of their parade, had a beer and headed back to drop the car off.

All in all the day was a success and we managed to get all the creds and more done at quite a leisurely pace. We spent the next two days going to the two zoos on the slagharen pass (so paid no entry fees all trip which was great!) and consumed lots of tapas and beer. :)

Last edited:

sandgrown

Mega Poster
I had a great day out at Parque Warner today. 35 degrees meant that the water ride soakings were delicious. ****fall was terrifying as usual, and acquired taste I feel - Coaster Express is SLIGHTLY better and SLIGHTLY smoother, but at the same time is still completely **** as it has no airtime and the weirdest lateral shaking you could imagine.

Superman is the best thing at the park. Such a well-balanced ride. Intense but not overlyso , the elements don't repeat, good forces, pops of airtime and a smile on your face at the end of it. A very busy day, and the park was pretty full but it was the family rides that had queues. The white knuckle stuff all with 2-25 minute waits.

e2a - Back home to Blackpool on Friday. First go on Icon on Saturday.