What's new

M&D's announce £3 Million Expansion.

vaugc002

Hyper Poster
From footage of the park on Youtube, it basically looks like some sort of permanent funfair so I reckon £3m could help a fair bit :emoji_grimacing:

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
This has got to be one of the worst announcements ever, I don't want to have to go up there, never been but jeez it sounds sketchy.

kenny cook

Mega Poster
Honestly, the park would be much better off spending the money into repainting rides, training staff, landscaping, and just overall upgrading the park. Everyone as of now is just gonna show up and while they'll think the new stuff is nice, the rest of the park is so crappy they won't wanna come back until there's something new again, and with this park's track record, I think it'd be a while. This is the exact approach Worlds of Fun took in 2018, and now their park is more popular than ever, and I think M&Ds could greatly benefit from something like it

reed2play

Roller Poster
With an announced budget of £3 million for the entire expansion, including an all-weather dome and more event space, I'd be surprised if the new coaster was as big as a Vekoma Junior coaster, even a second-hand one. At least the park has got the Big Apple and Spinner clones already covered, so I doubt it will be another one of those, but I don't think this new addition will revitalize the UK coaster scene either.

Completely agree with you, I can’t see the coaster they get costing more than 2m at the most, once they carve that 3m out. It’s not going to be anything to right home about that’s for sure.