What's new

LWV 2010 Rides

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
It's another Valley Mania exclusive! What are the park getting for 2010? We know, and we think it's time you did too! Lightwater Valley are going all prehistoric next season underground! A fearsome storm is also brewing, are you brave enough to take on their new flat ride? Details on these new attractions are revealed today!

Following the news of Rat Ride's closure earlier this year, rumours have been circulating that the ride would be rethemed for quite some time. After teasers on Twitter, today we can officially announce the first of Lightwater Valley's new rides for 2010, Raptor Attack! Unfortunately we are unable to confirm what the actual rollercoaster itself will be, or indeed whether it will be a new ride or simply the existing rollercoaster given a new lease of life. Early reports suggested a revamp of the braking system to improve the ride's throughput, although recent whispers would suggest there will indeed be a new ride. We guess this is something that we'll just have to find out come opening day! The theme however will be a somewhat abandoned mine shaft. Dinosaurs once ruled the Earth, perhaps they're still here?!

Moving on, we are thrilled to announce the second of Lightwater Valley's new attractions for 2010! Our teasers of a "storm brewing" have left you all guessing, so it's time to put you out of your misery! Alex Crow's Top Buzz 2 will be making home at the park next season under the name of Whirlwind! Replacing Hornets Nest, the ride will fit straight into the spot left behind from its departure. The Mondial Topscan is on a similar deal to that of Wild River Rapids from this season, with the ride staying for the year with the possibility of purchase come the end of the 2010 season!

Make sure you stick with Valley Mania this winter as we will be keeping you up to date on these developments with exclusive photo updates and construction diaries direct from the park!

http://www.valleymania.co.uk

Emmett

Giga Poster
Should be interesting to see the Rat's new theme. But whats going on with taking funfair rides on loan and then deciding whether to keep them permanently or not. Money must be tight.

No mention of The Ultimate's extension then. :cry:

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ Surely thats a :D, not a :(

It is good to hear about some new rides though. But if its just a Rat re-theme, its pointless.

Top Scan's are good fun, so its a good addition, even though its a travelling one. The park with such lovely landscape is turning into a fair ground!

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
Martyn B said:
What are the park getting for 2010? We know, and we think it's time you did too!

Unfortunately we are unable to confirm.... what it is

Lol.

Woops.

I wrote the first line last week assuming I'd be able to fill in the all the coasters details today. Unfortunately the park are keeping tight lipped on that part despite my efforts!

Still, we've got the Topscan news out there so we can get away with that first line! :p

Rory

Mega Poster
I imagine it will open with the park, the great thing about it is its manual only, which might bring long and variable ride lengths :)

Martyn B

CF Legend
Mackem Lad said:
Martyn B said:
What are the park getting for 2010? We know, and we think it's time you did too!

Unfortunately we are unable to confirm.... what it is

Lol.

Woops.

I wrote the first line last week assuming I'd be able to fill in the all the coasters details today. Unfortunately the park are keeping tight lipped on that part despite my efforts!

Thats ok, I didn't mean to sound arrogant, but that did actually make me chuckle!

Anywho, the more I thought of this, the more I like the fact that they're getting a Top Scan, its just a shame about the location. As that area is tucked away/hidden, they need to balance out the variety of attractions, ie they need something up there for smaller children.

The Top Scan would have looked good in the field near the Twister.

Jools

Giga Poster
2 New Thrill Rides For Lightwater Valley

http://www.lightwatervalley.co.uk/

It has been confirmed, looks like we're going to see a Top Scan and no idea what the other thing will be, mayeb something to do with a Dinosaur, good to see Lightwater Valley expanding, and getting some new thrill rides rather than family rides, they have plenty of room and thye needed to replace the Hornet's Nest, so can't wait to see what they get.

Snoo

The Legend
Well the Top Scan looks sexy of course. Lets hope the other is as good.. LWV could use something other than Ultimate.. :p

Mark

Strata Poster
^ Indeed they could.

Im glad to hear another Top Scan is going to be in the UK. I love the things. Providing they run well. Although, at the moment it is just an image so i'm not going to get too excited. I have seen parks display pictures like that before and then when it comes to it, it is something different. It would appear more then likely though.. YAY!

Jools

Giga Poster
SnooSnoo said:
Well the Top Scan looks sexy of course. Lets hope the other is as good.. LWV could use something other than Ultimate.. :p

In my opinion, Eagle's Claw is one of the best Afterburners I've ever been on.

peep

CF Legend
Don't we have a topic regarding this already in news and rumours or am I just getting confused with another forum? (probably the latter lol :p)

The top scan is being lent to the park from a fairground operator, it's meant to leave the park in September. Also the Rat rollercoaster is being re-themed to 'Raptor Attack', hence the dinosaur image.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Well, while at the Live earlier last season, I had a discussion with some of the staff who had said that The Sewer Rat was being re themed to a dinosaur theme. Though I didn't think too much into it, I think that is what it'll be. They also said they would be doing the blocking system so that it can finally run a bit better than it does now.

Jools

Giga Poster
^ I hope not either, though it would seem a bit off theme, surely?

I can't wait to hear the names and stuff.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Im glad to hear another Top Scan is going to be in the UK

Technically, we're not actually getting an extra Top Scan, its a travelling model and they're only renting it for this year. There is no option for them to buy it, like there was with the Rapids.

Jools, the TopScan is called Whirlwind and the Rat re-theme is Raptor Attack!

I like the name 'Raptor Attack', shame its just the same old crappy ride down there.