What's new

Loudoun Castle: Coaster under construction

tks

Strata Poster
I'm confused.. Where was this ride originally, and have I been on it? If not, Scotland roadtrip awaits!

Martyn B

CF Legend
Right....

THIS coaster is STILL in storage at Loudoun:
p10165.jpg

It used to live at Lightwater Valley a while back

And THIS coaster is the one that is now being built at Loudoun:
p4897.jpg

Which used to live at Alton many moons ago!

alexr

Hyper Poster
Martyn B said:
Did ya get any pics Alexr?

Things seem to be going slow with it, I hope its going to be open by August!
nope sorry brought my camera to find out that battery was dead :evil:
hopefully on the park map it was said opening may hope it opens soon
got to say thats scotlands only half decent theme park... unlike M&Ds

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That actually looks like good fun. Shame I'm not prepared to travel to Loudoun just yet.

Martyn B

CF Legend
They're such an ugly coaster! Blackpool had the right idea keeping it enclosed.

Some decent themeing could have a made it better, hell, even some average crap could take some of the uglyness away.

Oh well, I'll be looking forward to giving it a go on Monday! Haven't been to a park for a while, so I'm actually looking forward to Loudoun!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ Is it the same layout as Spaz Invader at PBB then? (Or Brean if we're going to be pedantic.)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ian said:
^ Is it the same layout as Spaz Invader at PBB then? (Or Brean if we're going to be pedantic.)

Yep, but those trains are different...

alexr

Hyper Poster
I may visit on Thursday.I hope its open.
Those trains are different.
If I renember some park refurbished it.

Martyn B

CF Legend
If I renember some park refurbished it.

If I remember rightly, the owners of Loudoun have owned this coaster for a while, and they refurbed it when they bought it, then leased it to another park.

Edit, yup I was right: http://www.rcdb.com/1873.htm

p29157.jpg

Ah ha, this pic answers an annoying question for me! I always thought there was some kind of small lift hill just after you leave the loading bay on Space Invader, but I could never see it, or really feel it that much. But this pics shows there is one!

Nic

Strata Poster
Cattle pen of death!

Anyqway, yes, I imagine it'll be a good addition for the park etc etc

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
I don't think it's a bad addition, but am very much of the thinking, if you have quite a basic ride, theme it cleverly, as Chessie have done with the Rattlesnake, and LWV have done with the the Rat-por. Just plonking an old coaster won't have people battering the gates down, I suspect Loudoun are going through same the malaise that gripped LWV for the last few years, ironically, the portfolio of the parks, and the recent history being quite similar...

Martyn B

CF Legend
There's a bit good news for Schwartyz fans, they've sold the other coaster they had in storage (Viper - LWV), so hopefully that means Twist 'n' Shout isn't for sale anymore....