What's new

Loudon Castle to close for good

MattLCV

Roller Poster
Not really an update - there doesn't seem to be a lot of new info about yet but here's the report from STV News (cant post the vid directly in this thread);
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y1MWod_18g

I still think it's all very strange... if this had been in the pipeline for a while then why did they even bother to build up Goldrush and invest in new signage and various other minor details? I reckon the decision must have been made very recently.

MattLCV

Roller Poster
Anyway an update courtesy of the Killie Standard;
Defiant theme park boss vows to bring new development to Loudoun Castle

“It’s early days, but I have already had discussions with East Ayrshire Council about the various possibilities for a development on the estate.

“Whether that involves luxury holiday lodges, as my family has on other Bembom parks around Europe, or something completely different, it is too soon to say.

“But make no mistake, Loudoun Castle theme park may be no more, but that is far from the end of the road for Loudoun Castle estate.”
Link

Good news that they have bowed out without any debts.
I wonder what will happen with Parkware's ride trading business.
Hopefully they'll keep the rides on and rent them rather than selling them off completely.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
As everyone as stated - it's a shame that another park is gone, but I hope that Twist and Shout now gets sold to a German family to operate on the fair circuit there. After I saw what they did with Laser & its transformation into Teststrecke, I thought that Twist and Shout would be perfect for such an operation & that it would be the best thing that could happen to such a great little coaster.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Some photo's HERE of the rides that are just wasting away at Loudoun Castle, including...

287.jpg

:cwm10:

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
What?!

You mean there's something left that Lightwater haven't plundered yet? Has anyone told them they've missed something on their scavenger hunt?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
LWV are getting a few more LC rides soon. They better be quick, they could rot away!

Martyn B

CF Legend
This doesn't really warrant its own topic, but the Enterprise...

download.spark

.... is longer at Loudoun either. It's currently at Pleasurewood Hills, but they've said they're just repainting it and its being shipped to off to one of their sister parks, either Bagatelle, or Avonturenpark Hellendoorn.

352rtiq.jpg

Jake

Strata Poster
Did that ever actually operate at Loudoun? I remember seeing it in pieces in the ride graveyard there back in 2008, and also in 2010. These things just never die do they...

I swear if there was a nuclear holocaust, all that would be left would be cockroaches and Enterprises.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Last time I went on an Enterprise, Mysterious Sue said she could feel my penis. That's the first time a woman has ever said that to me.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Some recent pics taken a few months back:

P1130651.jpg

P1130652.jpg

P1130658.jpg

P1130661.jpg

P1130664.jpg

P1130666.jpg

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/sho ... -July-2012

7748372998_5463d9cee0_z.jpg

7748372326_38fe36b3c0_z.jpg

7748371782_6208a56385_z.jpg

7748371098_5164eeffe0_z.jpg

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/sho ... -July-2012

wtf is going on? The people who own all them rides are ride dealers, why haven't they at least packed them away to keep them in good nick?

And they must be asking waaaay too much for some of them to still be sitting there. There are some good rides that are just rotting away! (Unless for whatever reason they don't actually want to sell them...)

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
The S&S towers still looks in good nick, I don't see why Lightwater havn't grabbed this yet, they don't have a trilling tower ride in the park, as im not classing trauma tower or whatever it's called as thrilling, it just a big frog hopper.

Jake

Strata Poster
The S&S tower is the one thing I thought would get snapped up really quickly to be honest. I can see why parks would think twice about the creds, given their age, but the tower would be a cheap buy for quite a lot of parks lacking a ride like that. Plus, it's not big enough to spite height restrictions in most places...

I know it's a cliche, but the Schwarz would fit quite well at Lightwater too. They could do with an inversion. Then again, they obviously got rid of their other looping cred (the one which went to American Adventure, then that dump in Poland) for a reason. Meh.

Actually, didn't this THING come from Lightwater in the first place? Or was it FL?

P1130661.jpg

marc

CF Legend
It was margate in the 1st place :), remember going on it when I was a kid.

Think it then went to Lightwater.