What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.

arifpatelpreston

Roller Poster
Hello Folks! My name is Arif Patel, and I am a Blogger based in Preston, London, UK, and Dubai. I am Looking for a roller coaster ride in the UK that will leave me on the edge of my seat, breathless and begging for more. A white-knuckle roller coaster experience that will test my courage and leave me with the memories of a lifetime?

Thank You!

arifpatelpreston

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
Unfortunately the UK isn't exactly... known for world-renowned legendary earth-beating roller coasters but I can probably help in finding something close.
The ones that are closest to the euphoric paradise that you're looking for, on this island, are...

Megafobia at Oakwood is the largest wooden coaster in the UK, located in southern Wales. Recently retracked to provide significantly more airtime.
Smiler at Alton Towers is the roller coaster with the most inversions in the world.
Stealth at Thorpe Park is one of the fastest accelerations on any roller coaster, reaching 80mph in less than two seconds.
Icon at Blackpool Pleasure Beach isn't very intense, but is one of the most outright fun and rerideable coasters in the UK.
Big One at Blackpool Pleasure Beach for, erm, obvious reasons. It's big, it's fast, its first drop in the back seat tries to kill you.

Those are the top 5 for me personally, but there's a few more that I'd like to mention:
Saw - The Ride at Thorpe Park for its horror themed aesthetic.
Oblivion at Alton Towers is a short but incredible drop into a complete abyss. Nothing else like it.
Revolution at Blackpool Pleasure Beach may not look like much, but its backwards loop is a genuine contender for the most intense bit on any roller coaster in the UK.
Odyssey at Fantasy Island is a cartoonishly big inverted roller coaster, one of the largest rides of its type.
Shockwave at Drayton Manor has the only stand-up Zero G Roll inversion in the world.

Unfortunately most (but not all) of the roller coasters on this list have a reputation for being a rough and not-smooth ride, but hopefully you are able to find a smooth seat.

I also want to recommend some insane non-coaster thrill rides:
Aerospace at Barry Island Pleasure Park is the tallest ride in the UK, a truly astonishing height of over 60 meters that you get to experience completely upside down.
Vertigo at Oakwood and SkyCoaster at Blackpool's South Pier have you soaring over hundreds of feet in the air suspended by nothing but a cable.
Time Machine at Adventure Island is perhaps the most dizzying & unique ride in the continent, a completely custom-built thrill ride that feels like it was designed to send you into the dizzy dimension.

Matt N

CF Legend
In terms of theme parks that would satisfy your thirst for thrilling roller coasters, Alton Towers, Thorpe Park and Blackpool Pleasure Beach are all parks I’d recommend that have a significant number of thrill coasters. There are others, but I’d recommend these three as a good starting point, personally, as they all have a large number of thrill coasters within one park.

Alton Towers, located in Staffordshire, is home to rides including:
  • The Smiler, an Infinity Coaster which holds the world record for the most inversions on any roller coaster, at 14.
  • Wicker Man, a wooden roller coaster with fire effects.
  • Nemesis, an inverted roller coaster where riders hang below the track.
  • Galactica, a flying roller coaster where riders are held in a prone position.
  • Oblivion, a Dive Coaster that holds riders at its highest point for a few seconds before dropping 180ft at 87 degrees into an underground tunnel.
  • Thirteen, a roller coaster with a drop track where riders are dropped around 16ft on a piece of track that drops vertically.
  • Rita, an Accelerator Coaster where riders are launched from 0-61mph in 2.5 seconds (I think it’s 2.5 seconds?).
  • Spinball Whizzer, a spinning coaster that takes riders through various twists and turns as the car freely spins. Due to the free spinning aspect depending on the car’s weighting, no two rides are the same!
Thorpe Park, located in Surrey, is home to rides including:
  • The Swarm, a Wing Coaster where riders ride on either side of the track with nothing above or below them.
  • Nemesis Inferno, an inverted roller coaster where riders hang below the track.
  • Stealth, an Accelerator Coaster where riders are launched from 0-80mph in 1.8 seconds.
  • Saw: The Ride, a Euro-Fighter with a vertical lift hill and 101 degree drop beneath rotating blades.
  • Colossus, a sit-down roller coaster with 10 inversions, including a rather unique quad heartline roll.
  • The Walking Dead: The Ride, an indoor coaster that immerses riders into the universe of the Walking Dead franchise.
Blackpool Pleasure Beach, located in Lancashire, is home to rides including:
  • The Big One, a hyper coaster which is the UK’s current tallest roller coaster at 213ft (or 235ft if you believe Blackpool’s marketing) and Europe’s longest operating roller coaster at 5,497ft.
  • Icon, a double launch coaster which reaches a top speed of 53mph while taking riders through various twists, turns, airtime moments and inversions.
  • Grand National, a classic wooden roller coaster which is one of the world’s few remaining möbius loop coasters. The ride is most well known for its racing element.
  • Big Dipper, a classic wooden roller coaster dating back to 1923. It is among the top 10 oldest roller coasters in the world and was one of the first roller coasters to have upstop wheels.
  • Nickelodeon Streak, a classic out-and-back wooden roller coaster dating back to 1933.
  • Infusion, an inverted roller coaster where riders hang below the track.
  • Revolution, a shuttle loop coaster where riders are launched forwards through a vertical loop before repeating the same circuit backwards.
  • Avalanche, a bobsled coaster where riders ride in a bobsleigh-style tube rather than on a traditional roller coaster track.
  • Steeplechase, a trio of racing coasters where riders ride in a unique riding position on the back of a horse.
There are others, but those are the 3 parks I’d recommend as a starting point, personally.

emoo

Hyper Poster
I was curious to see if this was real and found:

"Sock manufacturer Arif Patel, 55, formerly of Preston but now of Dubai, was sentenced in his absence to 20 years behind bars"

Weirdest rollercoaster blog ever. No mention of memories of Blackpool, close to Preston, or the attempted new Orlando in The UAE.

Status
Not open for further replies.