What's new

Longleat 2015

mouse

Giga Poster
Re: Longest 2015

From the looks of the video maybe they're selling new lion themed mugs at the gift shop?
Will be going to longleat in a couple of weeks so I'll try and take a few pictures through the shop window :)

JamesB

Mega Poster
I shared this on ZooChat (a zoo forum) and they seem to reckon its a dinosaur attraction due to the Jurassic Park reference. Sounds highly likely and something Longleat would invest in.

nadroJ

CF Legend
There were rumours a while ago of Longleat starting to install a few proper attractions, it'd be nice if this is the beginning of that!

peep

CF Legend
There was a topic last year (? Maybe even the year before) about planning applications and a plan to install a sort of amusement park section on their grounds. Might have a look to see if I can find it.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
I'm sure I'm not the first to have considered CRED POTENTIAL here then ;)

That'd be great to be honest. I do quite want to visit Longleat, partially for the animals but mainly for the house culture, but a cred (be it a B&M invert or a Big Apple) will seal the deal for me. :lol:

peep

CF Legend
Found it! Yep, 2013 and the plans were taken offline. Can only assume the plans changed and this new dinosaur thing is a compromise.

link

Lofty

CF Legend
It's the same type of thing that Chester Zoo did a few year's back. A walkthrough with some animatronic dinosaurs, some squirt water and roar etc.

Slayed

Hyper Poster
gunmonkey said:
...appears to be a temporary installation of 20 animatronic dinosaurs.
Yep, was there last week, that's exactly what it is!

Quite well done too, they're kind of plonked around the animal walk-through but they have some nice movement. And eggs.

There's also a "Rockin' Rhino" ride which was quite nicely decorated.

While I was there, with all the space they've got, I was wondering if I'd like to see some proper rides there, and eventually thought no. The risk of turning into West Midlands Safari Park would be too great...