What's new

London Merlin attractions tickets now available on...

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
RYANAIR! Yep, that's right. Merlin Entertainments have signed a deal with Ryanair to sell tickets for their London attractions on board.

Ryanair, the world’s favourite airline, today (1st June) announced a partnership with The Merlin Entertainments Group to ensure Ryanair passengers travelling to London can continue to save with cut price priority access to London’s top tourist attractions.

Ryanair passengers can plan their itinerary as they fly to the UK and snap up discounted tickets to the SEA LIFE London Aquarium, The London Dungeon, EDF Energy London Eye and Madame Tussauds with savings of up to £19 for a family of four who buy their tickets as they travel on Ryanair’s low fares to any of Ryanair’s three London airports – Gatwick, Luton and Stansted.

Ryanair’s Stephen McNamara, said:

“Ryanair delivers the lowest fares to London and passengers can continue to save by snapping up great value discounted priority access tickets to London’s top visitor attractions. Ryanair is delighted to partner with The Merlin Entertainments Group to ensure that passengers can take in the sights and sounds of London and save time and money by snapping up yet another bargain with Ryanair and The Merlin Entertainments Group.”

Merlin’s Marketing Director, Helen Bull, said:

We are delighted to be entering into partnership with Ryanair and being able to provide their customers with great offers to our attractions. The partnership offers great exposure for our brands to thousands of customers flying into the UK and with the four London attractions being a ‘must do’ on any visit to London, we look forward to welcoming many of their passengers to our attractions in the future.

http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair- ... re-savings

Though it is still cheaper by buying all 4 tickets together on here:
http://www.madametussauds.com/London/Bu ... ckage.aspx

If you buy, Tussauds, Dungeon & Aquarium tickets on board, you get it for total of £63 and you can get the 4 way package for £60.24

T0M

Hyper Poster
I did all four on Saturday with my annual pass. Was a really good day out and I still think it's worth it at around £60, particularly for the Dungeon.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Kelloggs, KP nuts, Sun newspaper, Tesco and now Ryanair...

Maybe we start a topic about products/companies that Merlin aren't associated with?

tucoaster

Roller Poster
Anyone knows if this includes alton towers? i want to go to england (from spain) this summer to visit alton towers

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^You would think so, since it's obviously owned by Merlin, but since they're focussing on the London airports/attractions who knows? You can ALWAYS get 2 for 1 offers for Alton anyway. If you put something in the trip planning forum when you've arranged things I'm sure people will be able to help you out with those.

Mushroom, why do you have so much brand loyalty to a company that treats you with such utter contempt? I'll never understand why people do that; it's not like this topic is actually beneficial to anyone except Ryanair.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
I spotted the news item and shared it. You never know what European members could be reading here and not posting. Besides you can get a 2 day Terra Mittica ticket on Ryanair for €27. A single day ticket booked in advance is €28. Though if you read what I put at the bottom of the post, I still found a cheaper deal through Merlin themselves.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Now that Terra Mittica deal is a good offer.

But in the original post... "saving £19 for a family of four..." wow, so thats just under £5 each they've saved.... who here kept one of the £5 off vouchers from the back of a ticket from Alton etc? Exactly, no one, becuase BOGOF's are everywhere.

tucoaster

Roller Poster
Mushroom said:
I spotted the news item and shared it. You never know what European members could be reading here and not posting. Besides you can get a 2 day Terra Mittica ticket on Ryanair for €27. A single day ticket booked in advance is €28. Though if you read what I put at the bottom of the post, I still found a cheaper deal through Merlin themselves.

I went to TM last saturday for 26 €. I get the tickets from groupalia (actually, my girlfriend do that). I don't know if that offer is still avaliable.

marc

CF Legend
Yay the 2 rip off companies with hidden costs are working together, makes a lot of business sense :)

Perfect time to advertise though as people will fly in for the games next year.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Jeez, I forgot about the Olympics. I'm already dreading the PR stunts!

Can Bolt outrun Stealth?
What's steeper? Saw's drop or Rebecca Adlington's nose?
Ghost Monk Pilot fails drug test and crashes plane on island at Thorpe Park! :wink:

Thorpe Park, if you're reading, you can have those for free.

I may take the piss but I can't blame them for jumping on the bandwagon, that's what marketing is all about.

In fact, I'll probably get five coloured rings put on CF's top banner. Who wants to bend over and let me paint their arsehole?

marc

CF Legend
Nope for both of them its fantastic, even better if they can sell all the tickets at near enough full price so people do not get the chance to get offers or the pass.

Interesting to see though that they do not seem to be covering the theme parks, just the London attractions.

Mark

Strata Poster
marc said:
Nope for both of them its fantastic, even better if they can sell all the tickets at near enough full price so people do not get the chance to get offers or the pass.

Interesting to see though that they do not seem to be covering the theme parks, just the London attractions.

I seem to remember you suggesting something like this happening for the olympics several months ago. I also remember people poo-pooing the idea...