What's new

Lightwater Valley Big Ride Coming Soon?

elmerfudd

Mega Poster
What the hell?
Spinball had better be going nowhere. Its in the top 4 of Altons best rides.
-Oblivion
-Nemesis
-Air
-Spinball
Tbh Alton would be quite crazy to get rid of SW, it gets alot of attention.

I would love to see more flat rides in the country atm. I would 100% support the idea of the tower/drop ride

Inverse

Hyper Poster
^Spinball is just moving away from the entrance, we're not sure where yet, but Alton have identified a couple of possible places. Alton aren't selling it.

IF Lightwater Valley buy a 2nd hand spinner it's more likely to be Whirlwind from Camelot once it closes.

As for guys with blueprints near the Sewer Rat, didn't someone say they might make an indoor water ride in there? Or was that someone just suggesting something that's cool? 'Cos that'd be cool.

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
That was just a suggestion by one of our members.

Although we all agreed it would be an awesome idea considering the sewer theme!

Waffleman

Mega Poster
I found the sewer rat theming very impressive. I thought it would just be a rollercoaser in the dark but the sewer theming was very impressive, in my opinion. It reminded me of the batman queue at Six Flags:Magic Mountain. Except, obviously alot less elaborate. But, anyway, I hope that it gets refurbed nicely and impresses me on my next visit, too.

Emmett

Giga Poster
^Pitty the coaster is rubbish though. I agree the entrance area is very unique but I would hate to have to queue in it. Its grand just being able to walk straight through.

I can't really seem them changing much on it seeing as its quite popular with visitors. I'd rather see them concentrate on some other attractions which they badly need.

Enicomb

Mega Poster
elmerfudd said:
What the hell?
-Oblivion
-Nemesis
-Air
-Spinball

I would love to see more flat rides in the country atm. I would 100% support the idea of the tower/drop ride

The second roughest ride I've ever been on; second to Corkscrew. LWV could do worse than to buy it off Alton, allowing Alton to get something better.

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
I would like to see a dark, rat themed rapids, to complement the rat, with water features rapids, should be cheap (i.e. within LWV's budget!), and genuinely unique. To me, there is nothing new about a spinning coaster, spinball or otherwise, and would not make LWV stand out from the crowd. Just ask Camelot.

Waffleman

Mega Poster
Enicomb said:
elmerfudd said:
What the hell?
-Oblivion
-Nemesis
-Air
-Spinball

The second roughest ride I've ever been on; second to Corkscrew. LWV could do worse than to buy it off Alton, allowing Alton to get something better.

Have you ever been to Lightwater Valley? The Ultimate would make you cry if you think Spinball is rough...

Enicomb

Mega Poster
^ Nope, I've never been, I plan to sometime in September.

The Ultimate may be rough (I expect it to be what with it being a woodie and from everything I've read), but that doesn't stop Spinball at Alton being rough, it tried to launch me out on the corners (I'm pretty slight), admittedly not as much as the Rattlesnake at CWoA did though.

Well I last went on Nemesis in May, it was fine then; wasn't rough at all, but then I don't think I've ever ridden Nemesis and come off thinking its rough.

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
Enicomb said:
The Ultimate may be rough (I expect it to be what with it being a woodie and from everything I've read).

The Ultimate is primarily a steel coaster.

The track is 100% steel.

Enicomb

Mega Poster
Well like I say I haven't been.

The point of ride it throw you around violently? Some of you need a rethink. Plus I never said any ride was a bad ride, but that they were rough rides. :roll:

Jools

Giga Poster
Enicomb said:
Well like I say I haven't been.

The point of ride it throw you around violently? Some of you need a rethink. Plus I never said any ride was a bad ride, but that they were rough rides. :roll:

Nope, some rides ARE designed to throw you around, what do you think sharp corners are for on wild mice, both steel and wooden?

Enicomb

Mega Poster
I saw you missed the key word there; violently. I realise some rides are designed to throw you around, some are just rough though. Which is what I originally posted.

It's a shame, what I thought was a nice community now seems quite hostile.

Jools

Giga Poster
I think that's just whimpery, no ride is that violent other than some woodies and Goudurix.

Enicomb

Mega Poster
Whimpery? Yea ok, whatever you say.

You've come to an amazing conclusion from what I originally posted; that being that Spinball is a rough ride. Congratulations.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Enicomb said:
It's a shame, what I thought was a nice community now seems quite hostile.

If people here disagree with something, then we discuss it. It's not hostility; you'll just find that people here can be quite opinionated, and aren't afraid to be vocal about it.

There are other forums where everyone just agrees with each other and licks each others' arses, but that's just not us.

Anyway, Jools is definitely not an accurate representation of Coasterforce.