What's new

Legoland Windsor New Ride 2011

alexdude98

Mega Poster
Just when I thought there wouldn't be ANOTHER ride for 2011 at a Merlin park (Storm Surge - Thorpe Park), along comes a world-first at a fairly unpredicted place... Legoland Windsor.

The ride will be themed around diving under the sea but Legoland haven't revealed anymore than that! The park will open on April 1 (yeah, bit later than usual!) but there will be a special day on 26 & 27 March for passholders to possibly experience the ride.

Here's a teaser trailer from Legoland. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3WE72EDwGs&feature=feedlik&utm_source=LEGOLAND+Windsor&utm_campaign=779f3b3753-Non_Annual_Pass_Newsletter1_26_2011&utm_medium=email[/youtube]

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
It's a Sea-Life with an inverted dark ride system with submarine themed boats...

There's a topic from ages ago when the planning permission was released for the building...

Aside from that, not a lot else to say... It's Merlin building another Sea-Life at a Legoland park, not exactly shocking really? ;)

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Yeah. Been known for a long time, but there isn't much to say.

There's pictures on the Legoland facebook if anyone is interested:

Link

If done right it could be a great family experience, but not something to get a coaster community buzzing that much.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah. On Twitter I saw a few enthusiast sites writing about this and thought "Hmm, I wonder if we should cover it."

I looked into it a bit and then thought "Nah."

spicy

Giga Poster
Worlds first gets thrown around far too often nowadays.

What's worlds first about this? Worlds first ride through an aquarium with 5 sharks themed to Lego at legoland Windsor..?

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Photo from today.

I think it looks like the themeing is good quality, let hope it's good inside unlike the major disappointment of the dark shooty ride last year.

227557_10150231387986259_679051258_9111772_8309955_n.jpg

sheepboy

Roller Poster
Does anyone know when this ride opens?
I have been desperately trying to find out, the opening date seems to get pushed back. First I read it was March, then it was April, after that May now Legoland says "Early Summer"