What's new

Legoland Denmark | Polar X-plorer | Zierer with drop section

andrus

Giga Poster
Re: Legoland Denmark | Polar X-plorer | Zierer with drop sec

Oh this looks better then expected! I might even do the effort to go all the way to Denmark to ride this :)

AltonTowersFan

Mega Poster

Official testing video:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNdzEDCX0Es&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

^ You won! I was just about to post that :--D

It looks good though, i would just have liked to see if there is any airtime on that hill after the first drop.
I guess i have to ride it to find out.

Lofty

CF Legend

It's looking great. It doesn't half whip around that first helix too!

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

That looks like a lot of fun. Has a good speed for a kids coaster. A wonder how powerful the drop section will be.

Lofty

CF Legend

^ Who ever said this was a "Kids Coaster". I think you're mistaking "Family Coaster" for Kiddie Coaster. A Family coaster is still enjoyable (in a thrilling way) to the Older Teens and Adult audience as well as younger gusts, hence "Family", a Kids Coaster is aimed primarily at Children. Something like this;

bbho36i002vq7of6q5g2dm.jpg

Is a kiddie coaster and comparing it to this, you can clearly see that it's miles from a Go Gator.

In terms of the Drop Section, it'll feel not far off of the same as what Thirteen's does. It's a free fall, once you've rode one free fall drop (on any ride type) you've rode them all, kind of.

dominoes

Mega Poster

Wow, that looks amazing! The first drop almost reminds me of Colossus at Thorpe Park. Can't wait to see all the theming. Hope they do as good a job at the rocks as on Manta and Oziris.

Ethan

Strata Poster

So am I the only one that thinks this looks a bit... meh.

It's good for a family coaster, it looks quite fast. But I still can't get over how little it does. It is basically a drop, some helixes and a small drop. I really don't see how its "amazing" and "worth a trip to Denmark". It's a family coaster. It looks fun and all but I just don't think it's anything to write home about.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

^
I think it looks great, but then again, we aren't used to those 'OMFG AMAZING' coasters in Denmark :)

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

A little update here, (things are apparently speeding up)

This is Legoland's new tv-advert

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21kRR5tol2s&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

It's okay, but i would have liked a little more 'coaster-action'.

Anyways, here's what may possibly be the best photos we've seen of this beauty.

thumb_fb2_1.jpg

thumb_fb3_0.jpg

thumb_fb5_0.jpg

thumb_fb4_0.jpg

thumb_fb6.jpg

thumb_fb1_1.jpg

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

Haha, the last picture reminds me of this:

stop-clubbing-baby-seals.jpg

Ethan

Strata Poster

TPR just uploaded this 15 minutes ago!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbkbScuUhP4&feature=g-all-c[/youtube]

That drop looks so weak... however I think it's perfect for Legoland's demographic and the first section looks quite thrilling anyhow!

Martyn B

CF Legend

The first half looks really, really good, but the rest is just a big 'meh'.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

^
You need to understand that it's meant to be taken at that speed so that you can see the theming, which is not much but yeah.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I agree, the first half looks great and twisty and fun, but after the drop (which doesn't look that great) it's just so slow. It almost looks like it's going to stall! :p

It does look pretty good for the family market though. Has enough intensity to be fun, but not put kids off.

Brett7710

Mega Poster

I'm slightly disappointed with that, compared to Thirteen the drop section has practically no theming, I realise that it has a video that will draw peoples attention, but I hoped the floor would actually be themed to the breaking Ice, like Thirteen has the wooden boards, some of which drop with the track.

Its also a shame how slowly the ride returns to the station, I hope there will be more theming placed in the last outdoor section eventually.

Looking at the constructon pics I thought this might be the best vertical drop coaster so far, now I don't think it even comes close.