Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Last Cred Review

Discussion in 'General Discussions & Opinions' started by Snoo, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Snoo

Snoo Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Silver Dollar City
    Coaster Count:
    Since we have a bunch of those threads reviewing movies or songs or whatever, I figured we could do the same for the last or one of the more recent creds you've been on. Always nice, especially considering many of us may not ride a ton of new creds at a time.

Mystic Timbers
    After two years, I finally got on Timbers at Kings Island. Don't know what took me so long but you know. @Hyde and I rode it first in the front then the back and man, that thing threw you around. Definitely a fun and unique GCI in comparison to others. Airtime is great and the night ride is something to behold. I just need to ride it during the day to get a full feel. Also, the shed is stupid, but it's really nothing but a block brake so I'm not to fussed. Better then just sitting there.

rob666, Hixee, DelPiero and 3 others like this.
  2. vaugc002

vaugc002 Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Helix
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    Great idea @Snoo

Insane
    I was kinda intrigued by this coaster and didn't really know how it would ride. The seats are alongside the track, making the vertical lift pretty nerve-wracking.
    I rode backwards, so couldn't see when the first 'drop' was which added to the suspense. But then it turned out to be a horrible ride experience, with the restraints painfully digging in as the car navigated the intense forwards and backwards half-loops. The ending was the only part where we flipped completely, and was an uncomfortable finale where we hit the brakes upside down. Maybe riding facing backwards contributed to it being more uncomfortable? Regardless, wold not ride again.

DelPiero, Luca B and CanobieFan like this.
  3. Edward M

Edward M Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Tokyo Disneysea
    Coaster Count:
    Nice topic idea!

Twisted Cyclone

This is a tiny Steel Vengeance, with insane airtime on those hills. Its biggest issue is the length, but it also doesn’t waste a moment. The double inversion turnaround works way better than it should, with great hangtime in the middle of the train. The wave turn is of course fantastic, superior to Outlaw’s but not quite LRod. Lastly, I love the theming choice actually, it goes for a more fun tone than the comparable Wicked Cyclone. The trains are also good fun in and of themselves

vaugc002 likes this.
  4. Snoo

Snoo Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Silver Dollar City
    Coaster Count:
    This was one of the most intense rides I've ever been on, purely for the ending. Loved it though, quite the entertaining ride.

vaugc002 likes this.
  5. tomahawk

tomahawk Moderator Staff Member Moderator Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Lightning Rod
    Best Park:
    Dollywood
    Coaster Count:
    Shockwave

It's a must hit at SFOT, especially in the back car. Insane ejector.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

vaugc002 likes this.
  6. GuyWithAStick

GuyWithAStick Captain Basic Staff Member Moderator Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Cedar Point
    Coaster Count:
    Mako

I mean it was good? I've been told it's one of the best hypers out there, but I wasn't completely blown away. Maybe it was because it was right after a storm, maybe it was because Raging Bull put hypers in a bad light for me, or maybe it was because I just got one ride on it. Either way, it's sitting right at the bottom of my Top 20.

Goliath GAm

Hot damn I love this ride. So fast, unrelenting, and intense the whole way through. Especially in the golden seat(Red train, row 11). I last rode it in the best weather, too. Sunny skies, 70 degrees, slight breeze... Gah I just love it so much <3.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    vaugc002 and DelPiero like this.
  7. Yunho Kim

Yunho Kim Member

Best Coaster:
    T Express
    Best Park:
    Cedar Point!!
    Coaster Count:
    Draken
    A kind of newer dive coaster(Opened in May 1,2018) in one obscure park (Gyeoungju World) in South Korea.
    It is Griffon clone with classic OTSR Different from Valravn.
    -wait time is REALLY SHORT(Max 15min) It -Heavily themed. Several dragon mockups, and big rockworks.
    -Choosing the row is sometimes unavailable. That is quite bad.
    -Starting with immersive, noisy themed music, that introduces story of Draken.Rattling, noisy lifthill, but seat is comfy because it's B&M
    -When it comes to drop, holding brake gives riders beautiful view of Bomun lake, but also sensation of hanging in 206.7ft. Then, Drop gives really high feeling of 'dropping' and immelman gives feetchopper on edge seat. Rattling uphill, and 42m MCBR.
    -Drop again, and repetitive immelman, and splash effect makes row 3 rider wet, and can be seen in 5km.
    -I graded Draken=Griffon>Shiekra>Valravn.
    Old-school OTSR enhances feeling of drop, and feels more freedom than vest.

Attached Files:

EpochEmu, vaugc002 and Luca B like this.
  8. Luca B

Luca B Member

Best Coaster:
    Schwur Des Kärnan
    Best Park:
    Dollywood
    Coaster Count:
    Afterburn

This coaster is a pretty good invert, the drop is fine, but not on the level of OzIris’. The vertical loop is quite intense, but nothing special. The Immelmann is pretty intense and the transition out of it is really whippy. The zero g roll is insanely whippy, and the batwing is so intense, you just get thrown upside down and dive underground, definitely one of my favourite elements on any invert. Then the ride goes into a wierd airtime hill, which doesn’t give any airtime and it just feels awkward. The Corkscrew following it was really strong, probably my favourite corkscrew. Then the helix into the brake run is pretty boring. Overall this ride is really fun and smooth, it has a few intense elements and it is really smooth, but the coaster is not mind blowing, and definitely not on the level of Nemesis, and is slightly overrated.

vaugc002 likes this.
  9. jayjay

jayjay Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Kärnan (Hansa Park)
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    Familien Achterbahn - Tolk Schau
    Resting in the woods of northern Germany, the vibrant orange and yellow seeks to inform you that this is not just a kiddie cred, it's an aesthetic kiddie cred. Another of the sculpted-dragon zero car variety, I'm basically writing all of this about how it looks because I remember :emoji_zipper_mouth: all about the ride itself because it's a kiddie cred.

Thekingin64 and vaugc002 like this.
  10. CookieCoasters

CookieCoasters Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Intimidator 305
    Best Park:
    Europa Park
    Coaster Count:
    A travelling Go-Gator - I expected too much.

tomahawk and jayjay like this.
  11. DelPiero

DelPiero Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    Such a good thread idea, I hate bumping old construction threads with reviews.

My last cred was this - https://rcdb.com/2993.htm
    Cred itself was nothing special, it had an excellent view and a bit of punch round 3 of the corners, we rode in the front and got 2 laps. Didn't require a re-ride. The park had a couple of other OK attractions including a dinghy slide, crooked house, animatronic walk-through and a new ish Under the Sea thing with a MASSIVE payoff. Not hurrying back though.

vaugc002 likes this.
  12. Hixee

Hixee Flojector Staff Member Moderator CF Award Winner 2016

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    You finally rode it. So proud of you. :)

Mine was Dragon Fly at Duinrell. Outstanding.

13. Mushroom

Mushroom Goon of the Year CF Award Winner 2016

Best Coaster:
    Expedition GeForce
    Best Park:
    Depends really
    Coaster Count:
  14. HeartlineCoaster

HeartlineCoaster Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Helix
    Best Park:
    Liseberg
    Coaster Count:
    Sanchezmran, Howie, vaugc002 and 2 others like this.
  15. Zek_Teh_Kek

Zek_Teh_Kek Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Cedar Point
    Coaster Count:
    Ricochet- It was ok for a wild mouse, better than Apple Zapple (but maybe that was because there were only 2 people on AZ: me and my sister) but nowhere near as good as Mad Mouse at MIA :emoji_heart::emoji_heart::emoji_heart:. Overall a fun little ride!

16. JoshC.

JoshC. Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    My last new cred was this beast - https://rcdb.com/14350.htm

Surprisingly picks up speed on the second lap, the operator was a legend. Even if you're not a cred whore, I'd recommend it.

Zek_Teh_Kek likes this.
  17. rob666

rob666 Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    wild mouse (decd)
    Best Park:
    BPB
    My last new cred was Icon...as good as I expected it to be.
    At last the Beach has a coaster smooth enough to see me comfortably into my retirement, I was getting worried my aching bones and joints would force me into giving up my hobby in a decade or so...with this I should be able to last well into my eighties...though with my past habits I doubt I will last that long.
    Nice to be able to touch the track going through the first inversion from the back left seat as well.

EpochEmu likes this.
  18. Oliver.D

Oliver.D New Member

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Europa Park
    Vicky The Ride (plopa coo)

Unexpected great Spinner. Nice Setting. And as Bonus a Lift Stop for 10 Minutes :D

vaugc002 likes this.
  19. Antinos

Antinos Social Media Team Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Dollywood
    Coaster Count:
    My last new cred was Cruiser Coaster at Craig's Cruisers...a SBF Visa spinner:

And the last coaster I rode was Shivering Timbers:

vaugc002 likes this.
  20. EpochEmu

EpochEmu Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Intimidator 305
    Best Park:
    BGW
    Twisted Timbers is amazing.

CookieCoasters likes this.