What's new

Larger Riders at Towers

chessychase

Roller Poster
Hi!
I will be visiting Towers soon and put on a bit of weight since my last visit :E

Any tips from larger guests experiences? (PM's for shy people :D)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think 56" is the maximum chest limit for the big coasters. There are test seats outside the rides, use them before queuing as you'll only hold up the queue for those slim enough to ride.

My mate is a big 'un - 25 stone, 6ft 4in, We did manage to get the Nemesis restraint to click once by jumping on it, but the belt didn't fit, so he couldn't ride. And he was in the fat boy seats. Also, his weight, another mates and mine grounded a log flume boat in station. He had to ride sperately.

His day mainly consited of the Black Hole (no longer there) and the flume/rapids.

My other advice is simple - consider dieting.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Moved to General Discussions... Though it may be Q&A..? :lol:

I think Ian has pretty much hit it all so far. I know that being tall and "rotund" is a bigger problem than being "dumpy". I'm six foot and at 17 stone I was okay, but certainly B&M restraints struggle on my shoulders (I tend to bulk out all over, rather than just the belly, so my upper body gets big too).

Spinball has a "weight limit" in the rain, I think it's 17 stone - so it's worth bearing in mind. I know the restraints not so good either for those of a chubbier perspective.

I don't know if that's any help as well?

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
i'm a bit on the big side too - just about 6 foot, and will always fit on the large nemesis seats, last time I went I got in the regular ones.

Usually ok on rita - the one size only seats are slightly larger than nemesis ones.

Main trouble will be spinball - they need to have the restraint 4 (i think) clicks down - a lot of the european ones only need 2.

msep003

Roller Poster
caffeine_demon said:
Main trouble will be spinball - they need to have the restraint 4 (i think) clicks down - a lot of the european ones only need 2.

Last time i went to Alton Rowers i've been refused on Spinball Whizzer because of the 3 Clicks rules . That is completely Stupid as Disneyland Paris allow one Click on Crush's Coaster with their new Sensored Restraints .

Waffleman

Mega Poster
If height is an issue too then remember that both Spinball and TH13TEEN have height limits (Spinballs is 1.95m and TH13TEENS is 1.96m, don't ask why). But I think if you can get in one B&M you should be able to get in them all, and I've never seen anyone have a problem on Rita.