What's new

Lakeside Gardens Park

Rush

Giga Poster
I'm impressed. I think the idea is great and you've pulled it off well. My only complaint is that the bottom part is a block. Try and add some extensions to it and try mixing different scenery sets to make it less blocky.

I really like the kiddie coaster as well. Good effort there.

You still need to sort out that brake run on Intamin Mega Coaster.

Overall.... I like it! It's not too OTT when it comes to theming but it certainly doesn't look amateur in any aspect. (Apart from the brake run.)

Yeah. I'm looking forward to more.

Kebab said:
I think it's a much better idea than a Screaming Swing, so thank you Rob.

You tease.

Rob

Mega Poster
elmerfudd said:
you've done a very good job. My only flaw would be to get rid of that horrid, painful looking Vekoma inverter and change it to a very simple b&m inverter or a flying coaster

Thanks, but the Vekoma suspended coaster is just that - suspended. I can understand why you think it looks aweful, because as an inverted coaster it would, ut it has sharp flat corners to get the cars swinging a bit - like vampire.

Kebab said:
A small point here: what makes it to be the most intense ride in UK?

It's just a selling point. If Thorpe can say SAW is the scariest coaster in the world and Pepsi Max is still 'Europes biggest rollercoater', I'm sure we can get away with the UK's most intense.

Coaster Ollie (No said:
Still try and work on your buildings more as some of them are still extremely blocky. Just try and bulk them out more.
Other than that it looks good.

Thanks, will do.

Rush said:
My only complaint is that the bottom part is a block. Try and add some extensions to it and try mixing different scenery sets to make it less blocky.

It is a it less of a block on the two sids you can't see haha, but I'll work on it. :)

I'll continue with this next weekend some time.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Ahh, I get you. It's to attract a little publicity I suppose :p

But when you included it on that small guessing game I was thinking more to the likes of compact, forceful rollercoaster. Looks really good though, keep it up Rob!

Rush

Giga Poster
Don't forget to straighten that Intamin Mega's brake run.

I think I forgot to mention that. :p

Rob

Mega Poster
Ok, I'm now a little lost with this park. I don't really know what direction to take it in next. Your help wanted. What should I do next? Big rides or family focus?

Ali

Mega Poster
I reckon a big family coaster that thrill seekers can enjoy aswell! Something like Cobra from Paultons would fit in perfect at this park!

Rob

Mega Poster
Ok, I need a ride out to put a new one in. So, I introduce a new way of getting shut of rides.....

Which ride do YOU want out?

The options are:
> Jet Star 2 (Blue coaster next to the green coaster and chair swinger)
> Surf Rider (KMG Afterburner)

The options are endless, but I can't decide which one to rip out so I'll leave it up to you (you being the 2 or 3 people who bother to vote :p )

Thanks

Rush

Giga Poster
Replace the Afterburner with a Screamin' Swing please!

=]

I like the blue coaster. Though you should sort out that Intamin Mega's brake run.

A

Anonymous

nice park, at first it looked like a baby park but after the update, there are a few good rides

A

Anonymous

B & M

I think you need more B & M rides like a Floorless or Twister or something like that - maybe expand over the other side fo the lake near Farmer Bob's

Rob

Mega Poster
Hello again everyone. I have a large update this time, with 3 new additions to the park. Both the Afterburner and Screamin' Squirrel coaster have been removed from the park, both replaced with Flat rides. On the other side of the park we have a new rollercoaster in the form of a haunted themed Geurstlauer spinner.

So, I give you Demon.

Demon3.jpg

Demon.jpg

Demon4.jpg

And a little bit of the interior themeing. Not fantastic but its hard to get a decent screen when your spinning.

Demon5.jpg

Finally, an overview.

Demon6.jpg

Regetably, not many peeps seem to make it over to that ride, as it is fairly out of the way.

Now, the two new flats on the other side of the Park. But what is it?

Gauntet.jpg

Gaunlet. An S&S Screamin' Swing.

Gauntet2.jpg

Swinging, with Swing B close to the scenery.

Gauntet3.jpg

Swing high!

Gauntet4.jpg

Swing low.

Gauntet5.jpg

And would any Screamin' Swing be at home without a Sky Swat to accompany it? Of course not! Our other new ride; Slam'D. Put in place of the Screamin' Squirrel coaster which, based on real life experience, the Sky Swat is far better than.

SlamD.jpg

Overview of the other side of the park:

SlamDoverview.jpg

Left hand side of the park is now, more or less redeveloped. This is how it compares:

LakesideThunder3.jpg

And thats about it. Opinions appreciated.

Rush

Giga Poster
YAY! A Screamin' Swing! Shame the supports are butt ugly! :p

Oh and well done for straightening the brake run on that hyper, it looks a huge amount better.

The Gerstlauer looks pretty good, reminds me more of a Maurer more though due to it having a less compact layout. If that were a real ride I could see capacity being an issue as there aren't many MCBRs. Good effort with it though.

Oh and you can come with a more original name than 'Slam'D'. :p

Your park has developed really well and I'm looking forward to seeing more. Keep up the good work. :)

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
WOW! I realy love this park! I love the giga coaster its amazing! The only thing I would sayis the Deamon building is reasonably blocky, but miles better then my attempt at buildings. ^^

A

Anonymous

Great improvements love the Sky Swat, however, Bolliger & Mabillard is the way forward, a large themed floorless perhaps.

jokerman

Giga Poster
I love the look of this park!

I don't think the building for Demon looks blocky at all. It doesn't need to be particularly intricate to pull off that theme.