• Kraken

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Medusa East

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Johnny

Hyper Poster
Kraken looks better.

It's first drop looks awesome. The layout doesn't look great, but better than Medusa's anyway. The tunnel and the underground loop, (I think it is) is a cool feature.

I definately think Kraken, however I think it's also a bit over rated.

Medusa looks really good, however there are lots of them and they hardly differ from each other. There aren't many exciting elements to add to the decent layout, which is another reason Kraken probably beats it.

I've been in the presence of Kraken and I love the overall atmosphere. It also looks like it has a nice layout, packed with some extras like the underground bits and whatnot.

So yes, Kraken.

Almost

Hyper Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Medusa looks really good, however there are lots of them and they hardly differ from each other. There aren't many exciting elements to add to the decent layout, which is another reason Kraken probably beats it.

Errr...what? There's 3 Medusa's. 1 is a CCI in Mexico, 1 the GAdv and 1 the MW. The Marine World version is completely different than the GAdv counter part.

The main differences being Medusa east having a curved drop and a cobra roll and Medusa West having a straight drop and a Roll over.

Scream and Medusa, are clones on the other hand. But basically Medusa East was the standard by Floorlesses were judged by being the first of its kind.

Kraken for sure though, the loop after the MCBR looks so much better.

Errr...what? There's 3 Medusa's. 1 is a CCI in Mexico, 1 the GAdv and 1 the MW. The Marine World version is completely different than the GAdv counter part.

The main differences being Medusa east having a curved drop and a cobra roll and Medusa West having a straight drop and a Roll over.

I know, I mean they don't really differ from any other average Floorless coaster and they don't have any little extra features like an underground portion like Kraken has.

I can understand how you got confused with that, I didn't really word it very good.

Well, what do you define as the average floorless coaster, though?

What makes one floorless any more average than the rest?

Do I seriously have to go through this and break it down into such diminutive little bits for you to understand?

What I meant by the average Floorless coaster was a Floorless coaster which has the typical elements which are standard to that ride type. For example, Raptor is an average Inverted coaster because it has no meritorius elements to it. It combines the elements you would see on pretty much any Invert coaster, whereas Great Bear is different, whether it's just for the helix before the drop.

Whatever the case may be, Medusa has one of those standard layouts which don't stand out to me as being anything spectacular. At least Kraken has underground parts, which do in fact stand out among the Medusa coasters.

Get it now? Or do I need to break it down even more?

Okay, and Superman: La Atraccion De Acero is average by your definition. As is B:TDK, Insane Speed, and hell, Dominator, except for the fact it obviously lacks the best element B&M has ever made.

Well first of all, having the name Superman and Batman kind of automatically makes me think they're less amazing than they have the potential to be. Having the name Batman and Superman means that they automatically lack in the area of creativity, even though that really has nothing to do with the layout.

Superman: La Atraccion De Acero, besides not having any creativity put in the name at all, also doesn't bear any qualities that most other Floorless (as in, the majority) coasters have. Sure it has kind of a different drop but looking at the overall layout and elements, it's fairly average.

Same goes for Inasne Speed. Okay, so as far as I know it doesn't have a clone, but that doesn't make it loads different than anything else. Same with B:TDK, except for the fact that it's smaller than most.

So basically, I'm not saying Kraken is out there. It sure as heck doesn't dive to the bottom of the ocean, go over the moon and come back again, but it has other elements like the fact it goes underground a few times which does make it different in my book.

So yah, get it?

A

Anonymous

Kraken is a better ride. Its just bigger, faster,more forceful, better layout, and better themed.

A

Anonymous

i'd have to say kraken just for the theming reason and thats the only one out the two i have riden howether medusa also does look interesting and seems to hav a good layout