What's new

Korea & Japan - Part 9: Children's Grand Seoul Land

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Wow I didn't realise Lotte World got that busy! Shame the water is off on Atlantis Adventure.
We certainly underestimated it as well.
Lead the campaign to put the aqua back into aquatrax.

Day 10 - No parks

After clearing out every CD shop in the city, found time in the evening to go to an observation deck and have a look.

44576875320_94778d1a83_k.jpg

The view was at the top of 63 building, which I knew of from a Korean tv show. It's an obscurer/quieter/cheaper alternative to the main touristy towers.

45670532124_1dce265a97_k.jpg

There was also a garbage 'art' exhibition up here which was comprised of pathetically mundane photographs trying to pass as something they weren't. Had some fun giving them names such as 'woman forgets jacket while leaving london taxi'. I'm sure they'll stand the test of time.

Day 11 - Children's Grand Park

With the magnificence coming to a close, it was time to spend the final day dusting off the rest of Seoul. Started at the scenic entrance of Children's Grand Park and took the long walk to the rides right at the other end.

Grabbed some tickets for the 2 creds and ticked them off in mere minutes.

45670524044_8fdd3e645d_k.jpg

Crazy mouse is a slightly off wild mouse contraption and was mildly interesting.

45481329625_e334893096_k.jpg

The SFC clone had a rhythmic shuffle to it and was mildly interesting. +2

Took some time out to revisit every CD shop in the city before heading to
Seoul Land

After a long straight walk past many many vendors all selling exactly the same selection of fruit'n'veg and fried... things, got to the ticket office for a road train that takes you to different entrances of the resort(?). There's a zoo and stuff but we want the one with the creds of course.
Another tourist discount was up for grabs at this place making it dirt cheap. Cheers for that.

The Koreans were out in full force again today. After a quick scout out, we resigned to being in this place for the long haul.

45670513634_c51071808f_k.jpg

First up was a 2 hour wait for Black Hole 2000.
Half Corkscrew, half jet coaster and the whole layout 100ft in the air, it was a bit something and nothing.

46342975712_e399f0c086_k.jpg

Colombia Double Loop was next with a more manageable hour queue. Not sure why the popularity between these 2 was so different, pretty much the same beast, or even slightly better with the haunted tunnel.
Half looper, half jet coaster and the whole layout 100ft in the air, it was a bit something and nothing.

46343034872_e1d0b1f33d_k.jpg

An hour for the weird, weird mouse thing with the wrong style track and trains. Oddly smooth and uneventful, didn't really do its job.

An hour for Tobot Train, the last of the powered dragon saga. Worth it.

An hour for Tikitoc Train. Great variation on the wacky worm layout with some brutal forces. Best ride in the park.

Finished the day off with a go on the pirate dark ride shooter. Got the best score in Asia.

It took some dedication with those queues, but they were never unpleasant (I can think of many places where they would be). It's a terrible line up with a great atmosphere. Everyone's out for a good time and no one is being a dick. Just how it should be.

Fantastic trip overall and it took a lot of willpower to board the plane home.

Last edited:

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I can't believe Seoul Land is still going, though by the sounds of how busy it was they're doing alright. I've probably been about five or six times, and it was always dead. They haven't actually added anything for f**k knows how long. Awful place.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Have to say I completely disagree with your comments on the cost of things in Japan. Everyone had said how expensive Japan was and I'd gone out with a horde of money and was shocked to find everyday things to be really cheap. Tokyo accommodation and trains were a little pricey (but no more than any other big city) and food was cheap as chips. Average meals were like £5. To the point where it became a joke among our group with everyone being mock-shocked whenever reading a menu or price tag.

Agree with everything else though. Himeji is sadly a bit of a dump (with the highlight being the rubber uphill travelator).

Nagashima Spaland was a washout for us too and refused to open anything once it rained.

Universal's administration is some of the worst in the world. They refused to give our group the same timed fast passes until we kicked up a fuss for like half an hour. Turd. Space Fantasy was fab pre-VR but more for being a dark ride with unexpected seizure room than for the coaster itself.

Loved reading your reports. Reminded me of just how crazy Japan is - I'd go back at the drop of a hat. And Korea too.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
You must have more a lot more self control when it comes to Japan. Took our highest ever daily allowance of cash and completely ran ourselves out of money like never before. Hotels were the most reasonable aspect of it all.
Can't deny paying 20-30 quid every time you want to join an (A) road in the car is a little pricey.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
We drove between Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya...I forget now...and I remember tolls but not that much! Certainly no worse than burdenous Sanef in France. Maybe it's changed since we went a few years ago?