KNOTT'S BERRY FARM - "Haunt" - Dates in Sept/Oct

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
http://haunt.knotts.com

Opening times are:
September 24-26, September 30-Oct. 3, 6-10, 13-17, 20-24, 27-31, 2010. Event hours are 7pm - 1am; Fridays and Saturdays from 7pm-2am.

The Halloween Haunt at Knott’s Scary Farm is a special ticket event not covered by regular Knott’s Berry Farm admission. Ticket prices are $33 - $50 presale online and $56 day of event.

Full press release:
KNOTT’S HALLOWEEN HAUNT IS OPENING THE GATES!
-- World’s First, Largest, and Longest Running Halloween Event Returns with New Mazes, New Shows and New Blood

Knott’s Scary Farm is preparing for the witching season, the annual opening of the world’s largest Halloween celebration in the world – Knott’s Halloween Haunt.

Starting September 24 and running for 27 horrifying nights the typically family friendly theme park will transform itself for its willing victims into 160-acres of sheer terror.

Knott’s Halloween Haunt continues to be the leader in theme park Halloween events offering a whopping 13 mazes, seven hair-raising shows, three horrific scare zones and 1,000 roaming monsters roaming throughout the entire park.

NEW MAZES
Locked in a cement grave for decades, hidden deep below the depths of the lake, an abandoned “Fallout Shelter (in 3D)” is crawling with human /genetic hybrids, toxic mutants, and a host of nuclear freaks all hungry for carnage. Grab your Geiger counters and put on your radiation suits these residents are ravenous.
Ghosts and ghouls, witches and goblins, long legged beasts and things that go bump in the night are all at your heels as you travel through the night through “Sleepy Hollow.” Specters and phantoms and legends of long ago haunt the living. Can you outrun the Headless Horseman? Can you keep your wits, or will you lose your head as well?

Welcome to Pleasanton – Population: Zero. The highly infectious “Virus Z” has turned the entire town into cannibal zombies and you’re this week’s special. Hordes of bloodthirsty corpses roam the small town in search of fresh meat. Help has arrived, but they are not on a rescue mission – they are here to wall off the entire town from civilization.

RETURNING MAZES
The inmates really are running the asylum in this nightmare prison, “Lockdown: The Asylum,” and insanity reigns supreme. The inmates are out of their cells and their minds. And don’t scream for help, this hostile takeover has the authorities running for cover!

Step back in time and into the fog-filled streets of London where a host of infamous characters are on the prowl terrorizing city dwellers. Step lively or you may fall victim to Jack the Ripper’s blade or Dr. Jekyll’s twisted experiments as Big Ben rings out in “Terror of London.” God save the Queen…..and you!

Venture into the forbidden jungle of El Chupacabra where sacrificial blood rains down from the sky. The screams of La Llorona, the Weeping Woman, echo around you and the creatures of the night crawl from their crypts – “Dia de los Muertos,” the “Day of the Dead” has arrived!

Step right up! Don’t be shy! Welcome to “Uncle Bobo’s Big Top of the Bizarre in 3D.” Inside you will find a villainous variety of vaudevillian visages to vex even the most valiant voyeurs! It’s the greatest slaughter on earth with clown carnage galore!

Enter “The Labyrinth” for a journey through a forgotten forest and into the dark catacombs that lie beneath a ruined castle. The evil king is dead, but his cursed court still haunts the dark passageways and mythical beasts come to life as you try to navigate the never-ending corridors.

Folk’s from near and far come a-runnin for Farmer Willy’s world famous BBQ! You can smell the sizzling meat from miles away. And now you can learn his secret first hand as you enter “The Slaughterhouse.” Farmer Willy will think you are prime beef as he sets out to auction you off to the highest bidder, tenderize you with his chainsaw, and grind you into a tasty meat treat. Bon Appetit!

Black Widow’s Cavern” takes you to the heart of an abandoned mine overrun by a horrific pack of deadly arachnids.

A trip to “The Doll Factory” reveals a twisted museum of death and disfigurement as you are pursued by the Marionette Murderer, a psychotic killer who turns his beautiful victims into life-size porcelain dolls.

In “Club Blood” the music is hypnotic and the cocktails are bloody. In the dark underbelly of the city human victims are drained of their life to nourish the children of the night. Join the hypnotic dance macabre and explore the darkest nightlife around.

It’s harvest time and the crop is you in “Corn Stalkers.” Plunge into rows and rows of rotting corn and try to evade the blood thirsty monstrosities seeking to impale you on their razor sharp scythes.

Heart pounding? If not, Haunt’s Scare Zones will take care of that! These dark, fog-filled, face-to-face monster encounters stretch throughout the Park and will sneak up on you before you have time to take a final breath.

NEW SCARE ZONE
Take a sightseeing tour of Knott’s newest scare zone, “Necropolis,” a vampire world of flesh and machine, of gears and steam. Journey through the streets of this steam punk influenced city of the dead and discover the only truth in town: Blood is power.

There is no place quite like “Ghost Town,” home to a whole cast of night stalkers including the notorious Sliders who lurk in every fog-filled corner. You can’t see your hand in front of face as you try and navigate the winding streets that may just lead to the graveyard!

Knott’s Boardwalk is taken over by “CarnEVIL,” where the freak show is the main event and clowns crave your undying attention.

SHOWS
A trip to Halloween Haunt would not be complete without the shows! See one, see them all – Knott’s entertainment offers so many twisted choices.
In the Ghoul Time Theatre Ed Alonzo offers up his “Psycho Circus of Magic and Mayhem.” This self-proclaimed Misfit of Magic brings slight-of-hand, slight-of-mouth and slight of mind to this insane, psycho-sensory production.

The Wagon Camp will be ablaze with Inferno. This lethal combination of fire, dance and pulsating music returns to create one of Haunt’s “hottest” shows with fire poi, staves, swords, hoops, fire eating and more!

At Necropolis Theatre guests can watch the ghoulishly great performance of Street Drum Corps’ BANG!’s “Blood Drums” show. BANG!’s high energy drumming quartet is known for their unique blend of amazing percussion skills with ordinary found objects. Take in the pulsating power as this extraordinary drum troupe mesmerizes with percussive rhythm, music and lights.

For those who enjoy improvisational comedy, the Hacks! group presentation of “Die, Die, Die!” will have you in stitches with their maniacal humor. And in the Boardwalk Ballroom the Hypnochick will have you mesmerized.

At the CarnEVIL stage, “Zamora’s Sideshow of the Bizarre” returns. Zamora, the King of Torture, amazes audiences with his mind blowing, invasive, self-inflicted pain and torture. He amuses, amazes and makes your skin crawl!

And of course no Haunt would be complete without the legendary “Hanging” in Calico Scare. The Calico Courthouse has been transformed into a mausoleum where the townsfolk are invited to gather and let their voices be heard. Evil must be punished!

Wow!

Some interesting facts about this event can be read here: http://knotts.com/_upload/2010%20Haunt/ ... heet10.pdf

robbalvey

Roller Poster
Hey everyone!

As part of a Haunt Enthusiasts event hosted by Knott's Berry Farm yesterday, I got to have a very interesting experience of being dressed up as a haunt monster for the evening!

First off, of all the crazy theme park "being an employee for a day" stunts I've been allowed to do, this is by far the most amazing and memorable moment!

As for what it was like being in the maze...

On one hand, I was amazed that people literally fell to the floor cowering over a simply **BANG** on the wall and me shouting "BOOGEY! BOOGEY! BOOGEY!" (I actually did this!)

On the other hand, watching some of the other scare actors who really had their act down was impressive to see first hand, and gives you a lot more appreciation for the hard work these guys do.

There were a few moments where just my presence standing in front of them would freak people out (understandable!) and the whole fear factor that they would have no idea what I was going to do to them, or I'm sure in their mind, what I was allowed to do to them.

In my short stint as a haunt monster, I did learn, or I should say this is what I took away from watching and interacting with the other monsters, is that they are there to have just as much fun as the guests are. But there are two very distinct sides to the coin. The monsters fun is to scare, creep out, freak out, while the guests are there to challenge those same fears. The guests come to the event to cower from the characters. If I was in the maze in just my normal clothes doing and saying the exact same things, it wouldn't be nearly as believable or scary...but a bit of makeup, a brief backstory for your character, and creepy smile and you could bring these guests to their knees. It was actually a very exhilarating experience! But having said that, everyone needs to remember...

Both parties, the guests and the actors, are there for the same reason - pure enjoyment!

Here are a few photos from our day at Haunt and our experience…

37917_10150286336585370_681415369_15093621_7321978_n.jpg

I like this lanyard. It tells me I am a "VIP" which unless the "P" stands for something else…probably really isn't true! =)

63319_10150286623655370_681415369_15101654_7256912_n.jpg

Translation: Geeks go here.

hauntmakers_1.jpg

Jeff Tucker and his Haunt Makers took time out if their day to answer our amazing questions.

63063_10150286686380370_681415369_15103722_1968809_n.jpg

The panel was great...there needs to be a reality show based on haunt.

62974_10150286687225370_681415369_15103730_5466467_n.jpg

Time to go behind the scenes at Virus Z.

63862_10150286690105370_681415369_15103817_995983_n.jpg

"What part of your body would you like to eat?"

fallout1.jpg

Remember when maze designer Daniel Miller unveiled the concept art for Fallout Shelter at TPR's West Coast Bash event? Now his maze has become a reality!

fallout21.jpg

The entrance to Fallout Shelter.

33694_10150286811330370_681415369_15107160_248158_n.jpg

Not only was I invited to become a haunt monster for the evening, they also raffled off this rare opportunity to two other lucky Theme Park Review members!

beforeshot1.jpg

Here is the "before" shot.

beauty1.jpg

Getting made "Scareactor beautiful" in the make up department!

haunt_jr_12.jpg

"Don't blink!"

haunt_jr_14.jpg

The make up department was very impressive. I was told they have about 40 make up artists and they do between 8-10 characters per night.

haunt_jr_16.jpg

"How much for your little girls. Sell them to me!"

64222_10150286818560370_681415369_15107302_2252442_n.jpg

I am Dr. Alvey and I will suck your blood!

haunt_jr_19.jpg

The "after" picture!

haunt_jr_20.jpg

Getting ready to go into our maze, Club Blood.

haunt_jr_25.jpg

They couldn't have picked a better maze to put us in. We were all vampires, surrounded by...

haunt_jr_29.jpg

Amazingly hot pole dancing women!!! YES!!!!

I was in the hallway RIGHT before this room. I would tell the guests "Come dance with my women" and many of them would get into the groove and break into a rhythm! From a psychological standpoint, it was very interesting to see how much control I had over the people walking through the maze.

Because they had no idea what I would do to them, they would follow my every instruction. Even the most buff macho strong guys broke into dance with their warms flailing and body limp and moving to the beat. Seriously, I'm a 40-year old dude in a vampire costume and I turned these big-muscle wielding dudes into flamboyant disco dancers! Amazing!

haunt_jr_23.jpg

Peek-a-boo! I see you!

haunt_jr_24.jpg

"I like your women! Sell them to me! Dance with my girls!"

I want to send a huge THANK YOU to all the familiar faces I saw in the maze tonight. Many of you didn't recognize me until I started talking, which I thought was very cool! I think I saw at least 40 TPR members come through, and if you're one of the people who took a picture of me in the maze, please post them!

haunt_jr_32.jpg

Knott's has certainly upped the bar in terms of their mazes since my last visit. Attention to detail was better, use of audio and environmental scares was improved.

haunt_jr_35.jpg

I think what I love most about Halloween events is just the overall atmosFEAR of the park!

haunt_jr_04.jpg

Halloween Haunt was purely amazing this year! I really see where Knott's has improved their show and are making it stand out even more than before!

A **HUGE** thank you to Meghan, Jeff, Daniel, Tim, and all the Knott's staff who put together this event and helped us with our short stint in the maze. It was a very memorable experience for all of us! THANK YOU!!!!

We have an expanded version of this report including more photos from Haunt, Knott's, and more about my experience as a Haunt Monster. To view the full update CLICK HERE! I will WARN you though, as with many Halloween events, the full update is rated PG-13 for adult humor and language.

Hope you enjoyed our report!

--Robb

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Thanks for posting that Robb, I really enjoyed reading it and getting an insight on scare mazes from a "worker's" point of view :p

And ohhhhh sexy pole dancing woman?!?! <3

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Both parties, the guests and the actors, are there for the same reason - pure enjoyment!

and a way to pay the bills that doesn't involve waiting tables while they wait for a "real" acting to show up, which, of course, it never will.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
If there are any Emilie autumn fans out there apparently one of her support act are in one of the mazes at Knotts. I am guessing she will be in the circus maze. And she will almost certainly be the crazy ginger lady on stilts. Just incase anybody actually knows who captain maggot is......I am guessing its just me but hey, all you americans, I am certainly jealous! ><

RCF

Strata Poster
That's awesome Robb! I bet it was a cool experience and I'd love to have that opportunity.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
From my friend's Facebook page:

went to knotts scary farm. which should totally be called not scary farm.

So, there you have it.

jokerman

Giga Poster
Well if your friend on facebook says it, then it must be true... :wink:

I think it looks amazing, although I can understand that it might not be the scariest of attraction, more an intriguing experience.