What's new
As of right now they have 5 "family" coaster (sort of)

Jaguar-Zierre glorified monorail
Coastrider-Shin abrasion the ride
Pony express-Worlds shortest ride
Timberline Twister-Its gone so who cares
Sierra Sidewinder-More intense than west coast racers

Anyone see the flaw?
Jaguar and Pony Express both have 48in height requirment
Sierra and Coastrider at 42in

The two tame family rides have the same requirements as Ghostrider and Hangtime. Coastrider isn't fun for anyone about 4'10. Sierra Sidewinder is waaaaaaay to intense for Camp Snoopy.
Knott's needs to fix this. Here is my idea...

Pony Express goes the way of soapbox racers and is replaced by Gerstlauer Family coaster...think firechaser but themed to the parks Donkey named Brutus...Call the ride Brutus' Barnyard Bonanza. Forward and backward sections, nice barn theming, and help the capacity and have a 36in height requirement much like firechaser.

Timberline Twister Replacment...already have a news and rumors thread about it, but Skyline spaghetti in the corner would fit nicely.

Coastrider...please tear it down. I know Cedar Fair isn't best buds with RMC, but a Wild Moose in the boardwalk area would be really fun.

Jaguar is fun for a scenic family ride, so just pt new trains on it, and lower the height requirement.

Sidewinder is perfect, they just need to fix the capacity, and make sure people know that it can be intense.

Please put ideas on Knott's down below, I would love to hear them. Thanks, have a great day.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
A quick point of clarification: I think Coastrider is taller than 42 inches - it's listed at 54 on the website.

48 inches is essentially gospel for Cedar Fair; only Wilderness Run (Jr. Gemini) is below 48 inches at Cedar Point, for instance. https://www.cedarpoint.com/rides-experiences Aside from a few exceptions, it really is the "magic height" that unlocks so many rides. Consider yourself blessed you have two large roller coasters with 42 inch height requirements!

TBH Knott's has a rather solid line-up of entry-level coasters, especially for a park of it's size. Let's not also discount other family thrill rides like Timber Mountain Log Ride or Calico Mine Ride.

For specific, other coaster additions:
- Chance family coaster - had the chance to ride the Joe Draves one at Nickelodeon Universe New Jersey, and can be a nice, winding layout similar to Jaguar!
- Vekoma family boomerang - apparently all the rage, and can be neatly tucked in a Knott's nook or cranny with custom layout.