What's new

King's Island "Unknown Coaster" 2014

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
I don't know. Whenever I go to Disney I ask all the bus driver's what new attractions are coming. It's great for **** and giggles.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
The Beast is consistently voted as one of the best wooden coasters in the world.

If it aint broke, don't fix it.

Smart money is on a steel coaster.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: King's Island "Unknown Coaster" 2014

tomahawKSU said:
Beast doesn't need a conversion...that is just ridiculous. It was amazing when I rode it, granted that was 3 years ago, but still, it can't get unbearable in 3 years, especially since I thought for its age, it was pretty smooth. Intricks, you are the only person I have heard who truly hates Beast it seems.

I have only ridden it twice (once in 09 and just recently in June) but the two rides were so effing drastic that it seriously made me wonder if I wasnt drugged when I first rode it. It could be that I was tired (Holiday World kicked my ass), or it could have been the fact that I was unneccisarily stapled (2 clicks in? You need about 5 more), but even then that shouldnt be such a drastic difference to have such a massively varied ride.

For a ride that is unforgivingly rough (non axle seat), it gets far too much love and praise that I honestly dont think it deserves. The retracking may have been useful, so why not retrack the entire thing and give it some far better trains than ones that jutter and cause my spine and innards to shift around painfully.

Honestly, the ride was compareable to Desperado and makes Mean Streak and Wildcat (Hershey) look tame and enjoyable. I enjoy the more rough coasters, but dear lord Im not into BDSM.

It needs fixed. Retrack the entire thing with some newer trains added in as well (Hell, current PTC trains would do wonders as is!), and my opinion will change after I ride it again. Til then, its vile and utter crud.

Luxornv

Mega Poster
NAPayne14 said:
I'm going Friday, think there's anybody worth asking about the coaster with?

There's only a handful of people who know what will go in SOB's place right now, and it's all front office and Cedar Fair execs right now. The only reason this is a rumor is because the removal of SOB leaves a large chunk of land for KI to use for something. A good guess right now is a coaster, but it's not confirmed by any means. No one you see in the park will really know what's going on and will only tell you what they see.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Re: King's Island

Intricks said:
I have only ridden it twice (once in 09 and just recently in June) but the two rides were so effing drastic that it seriously made me wonder if I wasnt drugged when I first rode it. It could be that I was tired (Holiday World kicked my ass), or it could have been the fact that I was unneccisarily stapled (2 clicks in? You need about 5 more), but even then that shouldnt be such a drastic difference to have such a massively varied ride.

For a ride that is unforgivingly rough (non axle seat), it gets far too much love and praise that I honestly dont think it deserves. The retracking may have been useful, so why not retrack the entire thing and give it some far better trains than ones that jutter and cause my spine and innards to shift around painfully.

Honestly, the ride was compareable to Desperado and makes Mean Streak and Wildcat (Hershey) look tame and enjoyable. I enjoy the more rough coasters, but dear lord Im not into BDSM.

It needs fixed. Retrack the entire thing with some newer trains added in as well (Hell, current PTC trains would do wonders as is!), and my opinion will change after I ride it again. Til then, its vile and utter crud.
I'm sorry you feel that way. I would imagine that a few more rides on Beast might let you agree more with the notion of Beast being world class.

Intricks

Strata Poster

I highly doubt it, unless it magically rides better in the cold, at night in the middle of October.

IronWolfman

Roller Poster
All I think all the Beast needs is New Trains, Retracking and lots of extra supports to the structure, so they don't have to trim it so damn much!!!

I think a Giga and a Invert, both from B&M, could do wonders for the park, and, the have enough space to do it in that section. Just think, Flight Deck to the left, Giga in the middle, and Invert to the right. That would be a awesome Action Zone.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Support structure is fine, it is just in dire need of retracking completely and newer trains.

I can see the need of an Invert as Face-Off and Flight Deck arent exactly top thrilling (and face-off seems closed).