What's new

Kings Island: Five rides in Five Hours

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
This past Saturday, I was able to make it to Kings Island for five hours, and managed to ride 5 rides, three of them being new for me. I was able to ride
1. Mystic Timbers 2x
2. Firehawk
3. The Beast
4. Diamondback
And you know what; I wasn't disappointed with ANY of them!
I left from my house around 9:30 AM and got there around 12:30. My family headed straight to Mystic Timbers for a 45 minute wait and, let me just say, was that ride amazing! Well worth the wait! It will now take the place of my 3rd favorite roller coaster and favorite wooden coaster! The airtime is the best part, and since I have never been on a GCI before, the drop was really cool! Very smooth to, with very comfy lap-bars!
After that, we headed over to Firehawk for a 15 minute wait (this was around 2:00 PM), which is the shortest I've ever seen it. It was a very fun ride, and a very good first flying coaster for me! I was impressed on how smooth it was too, especially for a Vekoma! We headed straight for the Beast after that. Still a very fun ride! I've ridden it before, so nothing too new. However, the signs that tell you to not stand up looked a bit different. We took a snack break and then went back over to Diamomdback. And, this is the reason Mystic Timbers isn't getting 2nd overall: I feel like the airtime was SOOOO much better than when I rode it last. However, I don't know if this is a problem for everyone, but it seems that row 6 (?) on the right has a big rattle to it. For our very last ride, we went back over to Mystic Timbers and rode it one last time for a 1 hour wait. It was just as good as last time, but thanks to the single rider thing (Only my sister, mom and I went on it), I got put in the same row as last time! I was a bit scared that I would get the same thing again in the shed, but I didn't! I still think I liked the first time more, but the second time I had my hands up the entire time!
So, after a 5 hour day at Kings Island, we had to leave. Overall, I would have to say this was my best time at KI, even for such a short time there! It wasn't that warm out, and the lines were really short! I would take An Hour Wait on Mystic Timbers over a 3 hour wait for Valravn on opening season any day!
Also, KI retweeted my tweet, so that's a plus (I guess)!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Nice little speed run of the park, by the sounds of it!

And more good reviews of Mystic Timbers... maybe KI will make an appearance on my next USA trip. ;)

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
Nice little speed run of the park, by the sounds of it!

And more good reviews of Mystic Timbers... maybe KI will make an appearance on my next USA trip. ;)
It sure was!
I also forgot to mention that Firehawk was the last coaster I had to ride there, so that's a plus too!

Blackhole6670

Roller Poster
Sounds like you had a great time!

I am amazed at how firehawk had such a short wait time, especially at that time of the day, which is not normally the case. I have heard that firehawk at around that time of the day has very long lines. Also, unlike most riders of firehawk (or any vekoma coasters), you enjoyed it, which is awesome!

This was a great trip report, where you described you experience, and what you did.

Hope you are able to visit kings island in the future!

Thanks, Blackhole6670.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
Sounds like you had a great time!

I am amazed at how firehawk had such a short wait time, especially at that time of the day, which is not normally the case. I have heard that firehawk at around that time of the day has very long lines. Also, unlike most riders of firehawk (or any vekoma coasters), you enjoyed it, which is awesome!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The main reason it had short lines was because it was a rather cold(er) day, so none of the lines were long.
Also, the main reason I enjoyed Firehawk was because it was my first Flying coaster, and that is was very smooth compared to rides like Invertigo or Corkscrew.