What's new

Kings Island | Banshee | B&M Invert

Snoo

The Legend
^That. Besides Gatekeeper sucking.. thats what drained the most out of the ride. The incredible pressure I felt when those locked mid ride... and I have a feeling the G's on this one will be stronger.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Hyde244 said:
^ I don't think it will make that much of a difference, as the frame of the train remains relatively the same.

I hadn't noticed till now, but the frame of the train is completely different, the seats are held up by two struts, rather than the usual 4 (one for each seat). That should really open up the view for passengers further back.

andrus

Giga Poster
^Yes, and not only is it 4 instead of 2, they are also situated in between the seats in contradiction to right in front of (like the old design). I think the new trains will be a vast improvement over the old, rather poor, design. It's just a shame that B&M didn't take the opportunity to switch the OTSR to lap bars and cope up with the industry!

peep

CF Legend
Snoo said:
^That. Besides Gatekeeper sucking.. thats what drained the most out of the ride. The incredible pressure I felt when those locked mid ride... and I have a feeling the G's on this one will be stronger.

Yes, a ridiculous amount of pressure from the restraints is the last thing you'll want going through those inversions. Gatekeeper was awful because of it, let's pray it doesn't ruin Banshee.

njn63

Mega Poster
I wish they'd adopt these restraint on the older trains. I've never had a OTSR on the B&M inverts fit me properly and I'm not an odd size (5 10", 180). It's either so tight that I can't breath or so loose I am bouncing around.

Oddly I've had 0 issues with the wing riders... even after reading all the horror stories about Gatekeeper and paying attention to how tight the harness was at all points in the ride.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I will vouch that I have never had a problem with Gatekeeper's restraints.

Hutch

Strata Poster
More construction of the station. Courtesy of KI's FB page.

1598568_10152563357463368_173958976_o.jpg

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Those are so good looking!

peep said:
Yes, a ridiculous amount of pressure from the restraints is the last thing you'll want going through those inversions. Gatekeeper was awful because of it, let's pray it doesn't ruin Banshee.

The park has confirmed that the harness will not be locking, so stop worrying about that.

peep

CF Legend
Re: Kings Island | Banshee | B&M Invert

_koppen said:
Those are so good looking!

peep said:

The park has confirmed that the harness will not be locking, so stop worrying about that.

Surely you'd want it to lock so it doesn't come down even more like I was moaning about?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Crazycoaster said:
Uncle Arly said:
SO much more open than the old inverted trains...

LALwY6b.jpg

I guess having your hands up is no longer an option..
On the contrary, you can still get your arms pretty well up there in these restraints.

Watch as ECG and I demonstrate. :wink:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEq7e60tV4g[/youtube]

I am still a sucker for the old school B&M Invert trains, and have always consider their OTSRs the best in the business.

That being said, B&M's wingrider restraints are a great system too, and I look forward to giving them a spin on the invert design.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
peep said:
Surely you'd want it to lock so it doesn't come down even more like I was moaning about?
Locking doesn't necessarily prevent the restraints from coming down more. At least it won't keep the restraints locked in an uncomfortable position and any extreme pressure from the restraints will be very brief.

D1993

Hyper Poster
With the vests that don't lock, you can staple yourself as badly as you want and still be totally comfortable, even if the 'lap bar' part of the harness comes all the way down. Because the vest becomes stretchy and you can push out against it as much as you want, and even when you're not it just rests comfortably against your shoulders. It's one of my favourite restraint systems, ever.
I just wish they would do it to all the current wing riders and any hopefully, all future B&M coasters that have these restraints. Banshee will be really awesome with these harnesses!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
... So who wants to begin placing bets on how soon this thing valleys?