What's new

Kings Dominion 2016 Attraction?

Sythe

Mega Poster
Me and my friend were looking at the new cedar fair website (cedarfair.com) and we saw something interesting... Look at this skyline:
9340ee3515b54b3f6965ebdfdff04cb2.jpg

Notice anything? Here's a close up:
7f4fa1304f632a3375fffbcda2ae978c.jpg

As you can see there is orange coaster with green supports in between Windseeker and drop zone. So what do you think? Is it a mistake? (Like the totally inaccurate drop zone) or a hint?

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
It may well be a hint that they are going to build a B&M hyper coaster, making it the third Cedar Fair park to have the hyper-giga combo.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Could it be a poorly drawn Anaconda? There is also a purple looping coaster track in the background, that wouldn't seem to immediately be any specific coaster.

These Cedar Fair park murals are certainly not meant to be accurate. Kings Island for instance, shows a Gen 2 Intamin Drop Tower instead of a Gen 3.

1431380602-085dc185da9040f054fc08a5ec14995e.jpg

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
It wouldn't make any sence for them to build a hyper after a giga, it's like look we have just built a smaller less impressive ride but it's still fun so come and ride.

I wouldn't look to much into that Artwork when Cedar Fair is known for showing different coasters in different parks in advertising.

Ben

CF Legend
I wouldn't look too hard in to it - the Woodie shown is nothing like anything they have, doesn't mean they're getting a GCI.

Sythe

Mega Poster
Well at least the rides in the kings island skyline are actual rides that the park has. It seems too big to just be a coincidence.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
"Truth but verify." Let's look for other sources of insight on KD receiving a large steel coaster outside of an art rendering before we raise the flags. ;)

Ben

CF Legend
Well, the KI one has about three times as much Diamondback as actually exists, and two Firehawks, so lets not go labeling that as accurate too quickly.

Intricks

Strata Poster
They literally just took the lift hill segment for Diamondback and a bit of the surrounding artwork and copy pasta'd it on the other side of Beast.

And its Diamondback on the KD mural as well.

Love it <3

Ashstrodamus

Mega Poster
I doubt it's accurate art, but it has been five years since they had another coaster. I would say they want to get an RMC there. Either Grizzly or The Rebel Yell conversion.

nadroJ

CF Legend
2011AltonTowersPoster.jpg

Guys this image on Alton Towers' website shows Nemesis with Vekoma track, are they replacing the old B&M track and getting rid of most of the rows on the trains?

......it's just a cartoon...

spicy

Giga Poster
That water slide they have got planned coming out of the towers looks like its going to be pretty fun too :lol:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Ashstrodamus said:
I doubt it's accurate art, but it has been five years since they had another coaster. I would say they want to get an RMC there. Either Grizzly or The Rebel Yell conversion.
You can jump in line behind every other Cedar Fair park that could also use an RMC conversion. :wink:

Intricks

Strata Poster
If Cedar Fair does do a RMC conversion, the only rides I see as being able to utilize it would be Ghost Rider, Mean Streak and the Hurlers.

Ashstrodamus

Mega Poster
Five years is the longest KD has ever gone without adding a new coaster and we are now at that five year mark. I look for a new one for next spring.

steel

Mega Poster
Intricks said:
If Cedar Fair does do a RMC conversion, the only rides I see as being able to utilize it would be Ghost Rider, Mean Streak and the Hurlers.
Don't forget Timber Wolf!
I know it's an impossible pipe dream mega longshot but I'm also still pulling for Excalibur.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Parts for the Monidal Frisbee Delirium have arrived!

Anyone been on Mondial's version of a giant Frisbee? The only ones I can think of are at Terra Mitica and Canada's Wonderland. From the videos on youtube they look kinda lame.

Delirium%20Steel.jpg

seats%202.jpg

steel%203.jpg

steel%202.jpg

Delirium%20Seats.jpg

Source

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
_koppen said:
Anyone been on Mondial's version of a giant Frisbee? The only ones I can think of are at Terra Mitica and Canada's Wonderland. From the videos on youtube they look kinda lame
Uh, I've ridden them both. I like the Huss and Intamin giants better..... But even still, I'd rather ride the standard Huss frisbee or the smaller Moser outward facing model. The giant ones seem almost too big for their own good and come off as tame.... Or once they start getting 'good', end. (MaxAir would be great if it actually did more than *one* single full swing)