What's new

Kingda Ka or TTD or Stealth?

Whats to intensse Kingda Ka or TTD or Stealth?

• Kingda Ka

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Top Thrill Dragster

• Stealth

• Total voters

Ben

CF Legend
Um, what?

Stealth isn't too intense, and I'm not a snake, so I don't say intensse.

I can't speak for TTD or KK, but I've never found any coaster too intense.

Mike

Giga Poster
No, if a ride was too intense then the Health and Safety people wouldn't allow the ride to open, or they would make it less intense.

Lets take Mission:Space at Disney Epcot for example. That ride was "too intense" for a few people, which made them get very ill and die afterwards (even though most of them had pre-existing conditions and din't take notice of the warning signs) However, H&S went all over the ride and Disney had to make the ride less intense.

I've never experienced a ride that was too intense for me to go on. The only reasons why I wouldn't go on a ride is because I don't like the restraints, the ride is renowned as being rough or I wouldn't have wanted to do that ride in the first place.

Ben

CF Legend
^There's nothing that intense about MS anyway, it's just unlucky that some people who shouldn't have ridden, did.

Snoo

The Legend
TTD and KK are far from intense. If you want intense, hop on Dodonpa. That acceleration is absoutely insane. ATLEAST 20mph faster average acceleration then the highest accelerating Rocket.

As far as TTD/KK go, i've ridden TTD... and its a sweet ride... going 120mph is going to be a crazy ride, no matter how you put it. Its definitley a ride you will never forget. I'm willing to bet KK is the same way. As far as pushing the envelope, far from it. Intensity has only begun. The future will bring some crazy stuff, no doubt.

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
Exactly. 10 mph difference at that speed is completely unnoticeable.

Stealth's launch may be similar, just shorther.

btw. Good to see you back UC ;)

A

Anonymous

I could see why Ka would be better,

But going 120 mph with nothing but a lap bar is insane.

I have yet to ride Kingda Ka, but it may beat TTD as long as that airtime hill is amazing.

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
^

It makes TTD still much more unique. If not this I would say KK is better for sure. The restraints make a bit of dirrence between both coasters, so it is hard so say which one is better. I'm not sure if CP will ever replace lap bars with OTSRs.

A

Anonymous

How the hell did you even put Stealth in this poll?! It's a piece of **** in comparison of the two Stratas.

Immedietly getting rid of Stealth... I'd say TTD would be a better ride. KK was just a copy with a hill after the pull out and OTSRs. TTD's T-bars at 120mph and a plunge over 400ft is bound to be a bit better than god damned OTSRs at practically the same height and speed.

As for your question (if it is even a question... LOOK AT YOUR PUCTUATION!!)... No coaster is too intense, unless you have some kind of condition. I've never come accross anything too intense. If you can't handle it, don't ride. If it's more than just a few... reconfigure it. I've ridden a coaster that reaches 6.7 Gs and I hardly found it intense.

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
Jake said:
I'll never forget El Condor, but that doesn't make it any better than death itsself.

You have been on it. :) A ride for those who like it rough. Well, I still enjoy El Condor.

I could start here and bring up the fact that the Intamin T-Bars staple you, and that the OTSR's offer a much better ride on coasters like this

UC. I guess some people like to feel unsecured on rides. Even if OTSRs give more air.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
I can probably count on one hand the amount of people who have done all three coasters, I am doubting most people who have posted in this topic have done all three.

It amazes me how people can judge all three rides together without doing them all. For now Stealth is my favourite out of the three because I havent been on the other two to rate them.

Ketchup

Mega Poster
I've done Stealth and Ka and really there isn't a great deal of difference between the intensity of the two. However I haven't ridden Stealth since I rode Ka in the Summer so my opinion might change dramatically.

However Ka defintely gets points for the insane speed, insane height once your at the top of that top hat, a better theme and of course a great airtime hill at the end that pwns Stealth.
However at the back the ride is very shakey and slightly rough but at the front it's just ****ing amazing! Stealth has one thing going for it and thats the far better ride op's, compared to Ka's there extremely quick and efficient.

But neither are too intense.

So I see that UC looks to be back for good. To be honest, if you are, I'm kind of glad.

Anyways, the first time I rode TTD I hadn't been on a launched coaster since I was 8 and I really was scared out of my wits. I mean, even now when I go on it I get scared and I've been on it over 5 times. Hell, at the Cedar Point Live I was almost in tears. It literally feels like your face is being ripped off, especially the first time you ride it.

I'd assume Kingda Ka is the same, even though I heard the launch ius a bit rough sometimes, and that the restraints don't provide as much of a feeling of vulnerability as lap bars do, whether they give you more airtime or not.

Stealth, I'm not sure how it would be. 80MPH isn't extremely fast, but it still would be really powerful since the acceleration is so high.

Basically, they're not too intense but they're intense enough!

A

Anonymous

I went on Stealth yesterday, it totally rocked. I cant speak for kingda ka or top thrill dragster but im sure they are awesome as well.

A

Anonymous

Well i only been on stealth so i can't really compare Kinga da looks pretty cool , but stealth is really good and thrilling, i would proboly vote for Kinga Da because it looks more exciting then stealth.

But the launch is meant to be pritty rough and you can tell when you watch videos, so yeah i would say Kinga Da.(But im not sure because there have been a lot of bad reviews, saying its rough ect...)

But the launch is meant to be pritty rough and you can tell when you watch videos, so yeah i would say Kinga Da.(But im not sure because there have been a lot of bad reviews, saying its rough ect...)

Well, I heard Kingda Ka has a shuffle on some days but sometimes it doens't. Keep in mind, the two Strata coasters go a lot faster than Stealth, and a lot of the time the faster it goes the rougher it feels. I can't really speak for Kingda Ka as much as I can for TTD, but I know Top Thrill Dragster is far from rough, but you can't be extremely smooth when you're going at those speeds either, if you get what I mean.

But you might want to talk to someone who has been on Kingda Ka to talk about the shuffle, because I'm just telling you what I've heard and not what I've experienced first hand.

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
Has anyone ridden all 3 coasters?

I know some people here have been either on (Stealth and TTD) or (Stealth and KK) or (TTD and KK) but not all 3 coasters.

Snoo

The Legend
Sam? I know hes ridden Ka and TTD. Hes the only guy who comes to mind to have possibily ridden them all.

His opinion isn't valid tho... he actually LIKES Ka... :)