What's new

Kids caused a themepark to close cause they wanted to fight.

The Deadman

Mega Poster
http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S1583697.shtml?cat=565

The park was closed on Memorial Day

There was bad news for families that planned to go to Seabreeze today. The amusement park in Irondequoit is closed.

“So we can't go to Seabreeze because someone else is being an idiot? Awesome.” That response from Bill Hicks who brought his two children to Seabreeze to enjoy one of his favorite past times as a boy.

He travelled more than 2,000 miles from Seattle, Washington to visit family and the park. “When I was a kid and we threatened to do something like that, we'd get a smack in the back of the head and go cut the grass. You know. Now kids are toting guns. It's just bad.” Hicks is referring to the reason News 10NBC is told Seabreeze is closed on Memorial Day -- possibly one of the park’s busiest days.

Rochester Police tell News 10NBC that rumors of a big fight at the park today prompted owners to close the gates at the Irondequoit landmark.

Officers say some of the kids arrive on RTS buses, are unsupervised and use the park as a place to settle differences. The owners of Seabreeze did not want to take any chances.

As Jim Muhs peddled closer to Seabreeze, he thought something was wrong. He noticed these barricades and security officers at every entrance. “As I was coming down here and I saw that it was closed, the first thing I thought of is how could they be closed on a day as nice as this? It would normally be packed.”

Scott Segal came with his son in tow ready for a day of fun and sun but they were disappointed as well. “It's very sad, the community, the business -- all the kids are all going to lose out today.”

News 10NBC tried to contact the Norris brothers, the owners of Sea Breeze, but they head of secutiry told us the owners are not available and can only be reached by e-mail tomorrow.

The park reopens Friday.

why in todays society do kids that wanna be thugs have to go to places where families usually enjoy their day, to cause problems? they cant sit in the house all day and waste away their miserable lives, so they have to ruin fun for other, innocent people?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Since the link calls this "news/stories", and the extract starts with "There was bad news...", I think a move to NEWS is in order...

nealbie

CF Legend
The Deadman said:
why in todays society do kids that wanna be thugs have to go to places where families usually enjoy their day, to cause problems? they cant sit in the house all day and waste away their miserable lives, so they have to ruin fun for other, innocent people?

Welcome to America: Land of the Thugs, Home of the Firearm ;)

The Deadman

Mega Poster
nealbie said:
The Deadman said:

i know, back in my day (im not that old, lol), kids used their fists....now they use guns. its the cowards way out

marc

CF Legend
Tbh we saw thing like this at the air show and it really upset me. The Battle of Britain display flew past and all the old war veterans were clapping and being proud to see it. Yet some chavs just walked past laughing and doing stupid fake claps.

The people their went to war to fight for the freedom we now have, I bet sometimes they wonder why they bothered.

Snoo

The Legend
nealbie said:
The Deadman said:

Clearly.

nealbie

CF Legend
SnooSnoo said:
nealbie said:
The Deadman said:

Clearly.

Glad to see you've seen sense finally Snoo :)

People are such idiots, why do they have to go to an amusement park to fight? It sucks for that guy who traveled so far, but who would travel 2,000 to go to Seabreeze?

Ruhtards.

The Deadman

Mega Poster
these thugs have it in their heads they can shut down an amusement park. Which probably was more funny to them than the actual fight. i scrolled through some of the comments on that box and it seems like the kids were trying to go to places that were having activities that day. some went to the mall, some went to a festival but luckily the cops were there to prevent it

Ashstrodamus

Mega Poster
SFOG was terrible about fighting. The last time I went to the Halloween shindig, I know at least 8 different fights broke out and they were drawing bigger crowds than the rides.